Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Issues with reloading Kemen hulls

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Shooting Coach 
#1 ·
There are ONLY two reasons that I wanted to reload these hulls. (1) They are available to me from a freind free by the thousands and (2) me and my son both shoot auto loaders and some of the ranges that we shoot at have the “once it hits the ground it becomes the property on the range” rule. The recipe below is directly from the Alliant web site with no substitutions.

Cheddite primer, 19 grains of Red Dot and CB2100 wad (12SO clone)

Here is the problem that I have encountered. When the shell is ejected after being shot the primers are falling out of some of hulls dropping into the action of the gun and this has caused some real issues as you can imagine. Any thoughts or ideas??

Thanks for the feed back!!

#3 ·
I have reloaded 1000's of Kemen/Rio hull with little problems. The problem you are encountering can be resolved by using the proper primers. Use only Nobel Sport or Rio primers. The Kemen hull take a european sized primer which is slightly larger that the tyypcal US Primer. Suggest you load these hulls once and throw them away. Be warned there is a guy on this board names Quack Shot who will claim that Kemen/Rio's are unsafe to shoot new much less reload. Something about the base wad moving. I have never encountered what he has ranted about but I do say that you should load on a MEC because it supports the shell top and bottom during the repriming cycle that will prevent base wad migration if it really is happening.

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.