1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Issues with Caesar Guerini

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by MaxumImpact, Jun 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaxumImpact

MaxumImpact TS Member

Has anyone seen discoloration (corrosion) on their CG receivers or other metal parts? My Maxum Impact is having this problem under the locking release lever.

2. Logan_p

Logan_p TS Member

How old is your Guerini?. CG had issues with the original silver receiver finish wearing off. I bought mine last year and it is showing premature wear.

The will fix it free of charge and change it to the new dark gray finish but they have to send the gun to Italy.

3. cunninmp

cunninmp Member

Karl,

I've had a CG Maxum Combo for 2 years now.

No discoloration on mine.

I use Ballistol like the factory.

Mike C.

4. MaxumImpact

MaxumImpact TS Member

My gun is less than a year old. I also use Ballistol on mine. It has a nickel finish with a clear coating.

5. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

The most overlooked place when wiping down a gun is under the tang lever. In most cases the tang lever is tripped to center before wipe down and is never touched, which leads to pitting or discloration. The other cause of pitting, rusting and discoloration is putting a hot gun in a gun case or some other enclosed environment, this is especially so on humid days as it promotes condensation which leads to rusting, pitting and discloration. I learned this the hard way years ago.

I have three Guerini's and have no problems with any discoloration or pitting, I am very careful moving the tang lever over and wiping off the tang.

You may contact the factory and ask if they have any discoloration issues. They are very helpful.

Surfer

6. MaxumImpact

MaxumImpact TS Member

I clean, oil, and wipe that area after every use. The gun is not stored in a case but in an air conditioned area of my house.

I do shoot in a very humid area (Florida), but have had many high-end guns that under the same conditions never had this problem.

My BT-99 is 35 years old, had at least 250,000 rounds through it and stored in a soft case after shooting, and cleaned maybe once a year, and never a problem.

7. shogan191

shogan191 TS Member

I live in very humid and hot S.W. Florida. In fact I shoot in the Everglades.
    I'm shooting a Caesar Guerini with the Tinaloy finish and I'm seeing no problems yet. I'll be watching to see if any develop.

8. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

As suggested, I think a conversation with Guerini would be helpful to you, they are very customer oriented and want happy customers.

Surfer

9. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

My CG is 3 years old and no problems with the finish or gun. I us Break free CLP.

10. JayLC

JayLC TS Member

I had the dark gray finish on the receiver of my Summit Trap start wearing off within the first month of owning the gun. Guerini admitted the factory had problems with SOME of the dark gray finishes. They will refinish the receiver for free with the new silver finish as shown on the pictures on their website, however, the gun has to go to Italy. They ship guns to Italy once every quarter so it takes about 3 to 4 months to get your gun back. I know all of this because I just went through it.

Jay

11. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

Some of the finish is coming off of mine, right under the firing pin hole..

12. dcb_wvu

dcb_wvu Member

I saw one last week at the Ohio State Shoot that looked like someone had put duct tape on the barrel and let it sit in the sun, you know the pattern, kinda clothlike. Anyway, the guy said the gun was months old and he had engage CG about it. Not sure what thet resolution was gonna be but a friend of mine sells lots of CGs and is says they have outstanding customer service so I hope all is well.

13. shogan191

shogan191 TS Member

"Some of the finish is coming off of mine, right under the firing pin hole."

Are you talking inside the receiver?

14. rustygun

rustygun Member

My brothers cousins nephew's sister saw one on a table at the Ohio shoot , right next to a blown up Krieghof and a Perazzi that they couldn't keep trigger springs in.

15. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

"Some of the finish is coming off of mine, right under the firing pin hole."

Are you talking inside the receiver?

Yes..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
caesar guerini issues
caesar guerini limited case color wear issues
caesar guerini locking issuse
caesar guerini locking system

caesar guerini problems

guerini firing pin off center
problems with ceasar guerini chokes