1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ISSF DVD's?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by kiwiG, Sep 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kiwiG

kiwiG Member

Hi Guys, I thoroughly enjoyed the bunker final accessed from a link on another thread. Browsing the ISSF site I saw quite a few DVD's showing all shotgun finals from different championships. Has anyone ever bought one of these DVD's and if so how was the quality of presentation? Cheers-Graham.

2. webley

webley TS Member

Graham,
    I purchased the set for 2005 & regretted it.

The ISSF have fortunately changed the format for the better – have a look at the 2005 clips on the website. What you see is exactly what’s on the DVD’s for that year – in other words – a very brief & poor coverage of just parts of the finals (shotgun, rifle & pistol). The coverage of the 2007 events is much better though, showing full coverage of each final & better camera angles.

The DVD’s of 2007 will be worth having (instructive & interesting to watch) but not the earlier sets.

Frankly even with this improved coverage & production quality they still fall short of what the ISSF should provide especially as these DVD’s are supposed to be a showcase for the events.

Regards
    Russell

3. kiwiG

kiwiG Member

Thanks Russell, I half expected that to be the case...I understand certain limitations, but like yourself I believe anyone with some knowledge of the event being shot should be able to do just a little better. Cheers-Graham.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.