1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Israel's Iron Dome System

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by blade819, Nov 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Bankrolled by the Obama Administration, it's quite the Defense system for short to medium range missiles such as those being launched by Hamas. It's a mainature Patriot Missile System which I helped manufacture while with Lockheed Martin in the late 80's and early 90's. But from reading the specs. sounds like it's far more accurate. It's been coming in handy over the past 3 days.

blade819

2. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Anyone knows "you can't hit a bullet with a bullet". Just ask any lib.

Bob Falfa

3. crusha

crusha TS Member

Yeah...and I'm also surprised to learn Israel didn't have this before Obama was President. Hmm...

4. RWT

RWT Well-Known Member

Buzz,

Yes that really surprises me to that they have only had this since Obama became president.

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Pre Obama had no need for this kind of stuff.

the threat of a muslim friendly President made it happen.

HM

6. blade819

Spin it Repubs. You're not doing a very good job!

blade819

7. pretzel

pretzel TS Member

Blade----Dont slap yourself too hard on the back. Do you feel you and Obama gave Israel the defense tool to defend itself. I suppose it helps you after Obama turning his back on those people.

8. cbxchris

cbxchris Active Member

Blade we have spoken and you seem like a nice guy. I ask you to not talk politics in the many of the gun clubs you frequent. In NC that is the best place to be thought of not so nicely with many of your views. I see a few in the skeet circles and I know what the far majority of other shooters think of them. In the shooting sports its best to just keep ya mouth shut when you're a democrat. No, I am NOT a democrat by a mile.

9. blade819

pretzel....... I didn't give Israel anything.
    cbxchris....I try to not speak politics in the Gun Clubs that I visit. However, I am not and will not withold my constitutional right to voice my opinion, not in just NC but any state, when the subject is brought up. If a Gun Club wishes to reject me because of my "views" or that I'm a registered Democrat, so be it I shouldn't have frequented them in the first place.

blade819

10. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

That constitutional right is for everyone Blade. You are more than free to voice your opinion, but don't be surprised when you and your views are not well received or even shunned.

It can be like driving an open jeep full of White Skinheads thru downtown Detroit.

Just asking for it.

11. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Yea, all that ever happens on this site is we agree, to disagree. LOL

12. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I am a conservative 100% and dont agree with the other side. However Blade has been respectful in his views and is entitled to his thoughts. Do I agree, NO. I still consider him a friend. 548 and midalake not so much but they have been very disrespectful to many on here. This is a forum and people are going to disagree..The manner in which they do is whats important to me

13. Traders

Traders Well-Known Member

pretzel=

i really don't remember seeing anything that would indicated that President Obama has turned "his back on those people." He did of course say that he thought that there should be an independent Palestinian State using the 1967 borders with mutually agreed on adjustments. If I remember, that is exactly what the current Prime Minister of Israel, Netanyahu and others in Israel have said. Obama did refuse to meet with Netanyahu when Netanyahu came to NY and I certainly think that was stupid, but actions speak louder than gestures. These include the expansion in delivery of the highest grade US weapons to Israel and the continuos monetary support. As President, he could have, in a whole variety of ways, blocked or decreased the US's material support. He has not. I suspect that many Americans, particularly those on the political left, wish he would.

So Pretzel, please back up your statement.

14. blade819

Thank you cigar for your comments (X Hoosier). I try to be respectful even in disagreements. But when it comes to someone telling me to "shut up" or leave a club... well like I said it's their loss not mine. I live in North Georgia and about 99.9% of my shooting friends are Republicans. While I have been subjected to listening to irrational and downright disrespectful statements about the man I voted for, never once have I taken the opportunity to slam or be disresepctful with the other side. Maybe one day we can all have that attitude.

blade819

15. Traders

Pretzel--How come your not providing providing background information to support your comment that Obama has turned his back on Israel. I am really interested and eager to learn.

16. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

What is interesting about the system is that they can target (pick and choose) only those rockets that are going to hit a populated area, and let the others land in the weeds or desert.

17. Traders

shot410ga--For the moment, the command and control system is only useful for relatively short range missiles. But, they are improving all the time. One of the major problems is that each defensive missile is very expensive relative to the cost of the incoming, aimed but unguided, missile. That's why the Iron Dome is so selective.

Pretzel-I am still waiting to learn how Obama has turned his back on the State of Israel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.