1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Israelis nearing Iran Strike?

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by jimrich60, Jun 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

From the various claims and sources appearing in recent weeks (and some personal sources), it is beginning to appear as if the Israelis may be getting ready to take out the Iranian nuclear facilities. I also note that the U.S. last week moved heavy naval elements through the Suez canal and reports now indicate that these added naval elements (including an additional carrier battle group) are stationed in the Indian Ocean or near the Straits of Hormuz (off the Iranian coast). Since an Israeli strike on Iran would very likely result in an Iranian atttempt to block the Straits of Hormuz in retaliation (the straits are a vital oil "highway") this move makes sense in that the U.S. (even Obumbles) could not tolerate the Iranians stopping the flow of oil to the western world. I interpret the naval movements as a U.S. awareness or at least concern, that the Israelis may finally have run out of both patience and options with regard to Iran's nuclear program. If so, I hope the Israelis have the capacity to do some real damage.

Jim R

2. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I've been waiting. It's going to happen, but when? Someone also has to give clearance for aircraft to pass over Iraq to get to Iran, or wherever they transit. Look at a map of the area. There is a lot of hostile land between Israel and Iran. Not an easy mission, unless they (Israel) uses missiles.

3. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

the israelis already have subs positioned in the area. no aircraft required.

4. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

"I've been waiting. It's going to happen, but when? Someone also has to give clearance for aircraft to pass over Iraq to get to Iran, or wherever they transit. Look at a map of the area. There is a lot of hostile land between Israel and Iran. Not an easy mission, unless they (Israel) uses missiles. "

Actually, they don't, shot410ga. If the reports are true that the Saudis will "turn a blind eye" or even further, that they have allowed the Israelis to pre-position some equipment in Saudi Arabia, then the Israelis simply need to fly into Saudi along agreed lines, perhaps refuel at isolated desert bases, then proceed over the Persian Gulf to hit Iran. This is easily within the range of the Israelis using a Saudi based route and does not require them to approach Iraq at all. They would only have to overfly a small corner of Jordan under Jordanian radar coverage to reach Saudi Arabia, not an especially difficult task.

Jim R

5. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Iran knows it can't run a blockade.. Israel is in waiting.. When it all comes down.. look for "new" weaponry..

6. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

I predict multiple nuclear accidents at Iranian research facilities. Such bad luck. Remember always be safe when reloading.

Phil Berkowitz

7. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Well.. that's closer.. but just how did the chain reaction start????

8. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

The Israelis will drop 500 lb sows & according to Islamic law the land will now be unclean & the Iranians will abide & vacate. What do you think about that.

Phil Berkowitz

9. Mapper

Mapper Member

635G,
    I have long been an advocate of a B-52 strike. They will haul about 27 ton payload. Let's make it 27 tons of unrendered lard. It would limber up those mothballed planes and help American agriculture. With just a fraction of our fleet, we could make much of Iran contaminated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.