1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ISO Downrange wad and Red Dot Receipe

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by flylta, Mar 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flylta

flylta TS Member

I am looking for a receipe for 1oz and 7/8 oz loads using Red Dot and which Downrange wad to purchase.

I and using Remington STS hulls and Winchester primers, when I purchase more primers I will be changing to something more affordable but I was given these when I got my reloader so I am using them up.

Thanks
    Ron

2. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Ron, I have been loading down range XL1,16.4 red dot, fiocchi 209 in spring, summer, fall and win or rem 209 in winter. Winter is cold her 20 above is as good as it gets. The Fiocchi's will give you a blooper once in 25 at least in cold weather. Bill

3. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

18 grains of Red Dot or Promo under an XL1 crushes clays! I prefer 7/8 ounce loads, so I use the new XXL pink wads with the same charge through a .035 choked 85TSS. May be just me but this load seems to smoke more clays than anything else I've tried.
    AndyH

4. flylta

flylta TS Member

The more I read the more I'm thinking 7/8 so I'll order some of the pinks in and try the load out.

Thanks Andy

Bill isn't that a little light?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.