1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Isle of Man TT Races

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Mike K P, Nov 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike K P

Mike K P Member

Greatest video ever, check this out.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AxHzwWndtvk?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

Geez....did any of the 4 guys that crashed live? They are absolutly nuts!!!!

3. Mike K P

Mike K P Member

I know the one guy on the first crash that went over the stone wall lived. I saw him interviewed, he was on crutches and said he was ready to get back at it. Interesting thing is a lot of these guys are in their thirties and a few in their forties. I'm a big fan! Mike Pracht

4. Snookassassin

Snookassassin Member

WOW! Thanks for that one Mike.

Snookassassin, Clif Adams

5. glock22

glock22 TS Member

WOW!!

6. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

7. GW22

GW22 Active Member

MANY roadracers have perished over the years at Isle Of Man. They should change the name of the race to Isle Of Man With Giant Balls. If you've ever done a fast lap on bike at a regular roadcourse (designed with safety in mind), you know how nerve-wracking it is. Imagine the stress of going fast on the incredibly dangerous roads of IOM. These men are a different breed and I salute them.

-Gary

8. Mike K P

Mike K P Member

You're right Gary. As thrilling as it is to follow it is sad how many have lost their lives. Since it's conception it's been about 236 with many of them being spectators. The whole course (which is just a road that encircles the island going through town etc.)is 37.4 mi so the people line up wherever they want and there's really little if any protection offered. But it sure is addictive! Mike.

9. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Greatest motorcycle race on the planet! Looks like my "Tail of the Dragon" in the summer!

blade819

10. GW22

GW22 Active Member

I recall a gutsy roadracer buddy who used to say, "I saw God so many times I started using him as a brake marker!" He WAS a little reckless and that always made me laugh.

-Gary

11. Claymuncher

Claymuncher Member

If I only had the money to ship my S4RS, I heard it is a great place with a lot small taverns and nice people for a vacation. Bucket list....

CM

12. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

The TT has always been on my to do list. It is a huge event, attracting thousands. I'm a big fan.

13. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

In the old days they use to have more civilian fatalities than the racers.

blade819

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.