1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

isis recoil reducer

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by K.80, Mar 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K.80

K.80 TS Member

Has anyone used this system on a beretta 390 or 391. What did you like or dislike. How much did it help with recoil.
  2. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Active Member

The Rolex of recoil reduction systems. Two models, one for pre mount, one for low gun.
  3. Joe O

Joe O Member

I have had one on my 391 for about 5 years now. I LOVE it. Wouldn't want to shoot without it anymore. There's plenty of room to install them. They look good, work good. Another trick is using the Cole Blue Exhaust spring that lets MORE gas escape(for heavy loads) it will slow your bolt speed and reduce "felt" recoil. If you shoot 1 oz or smaller it may not be reliable but I have never had any problem with 1 1/8 loads. Add a little weight to it and you have a pretty good handle on recoil.
    Joe O
  4. Tron

Tron Active Member

I think they work better than anything on the market by far. Also, they are practically weight neutral and wont disrupt the balance of the gun.
  5. Butch257

Butch257 TS Member

I have an ISIS on a lightweight Franchi O/U 12 ga. that I've shot heavy loads all day long pheasent hunting and felt great afterwards. I'm have them installed on two other O/U's as we speak. And Ditto about the neutral weight.
  6. skeet_man

skeet_man Active Member

Does Isis have a full line US distributor? I know Able Ammo carries some of their stuff, but not even close to an all inclusive selection, and I'm not aware of any other place where they are available? They are definitely far and away the best looking recoil reducer (don't look much different from a solo recoil pad), and I really like the weight neutral feature. Plenty of top sporting clays shooters use the ISIS.
  7. sptnclays

sptnclays Member

I have three although all on o/u. I ordered mine from england/owner of the co.
    nice guy. If you don't take their pad you can save a few $. I found it cheaper ordering from england than buying one in the states.
  8. T-Sobania

T-Sobania TS Member

I've had 2 of them any they work great. They are lightweight and don't change the balance of your gun. When it comes to getting recoil down in a 391 Hammsshooter has it figured out. I've shot his gun and it's as close to recoiless as you can get with it still being reliable.

TS
  9. K.80

K.80 TS Member

10. skeeljc

skeeljc Active Member

I put one on a friend's Beretta 391. Fairly easy to install.

I prefer a Gracoil. A bit more difficult to fit but it is all metal.

Jim Skeel<BR>
    P/W Dealer/Distributor
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.