1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

isis recoil info

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jm1079, Jun 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

I have one on a 391 sporting and I like it very much. It absorbs much of the recoil and yet its light weight does not affect the balance. FWIW. JM

2. B.C.

B.C. Member

http://www.recoilsystems.com/html/splash.asp

3. Joe O

Joe O Member

I've used an ISIS on my 391 for the last 4 years and love it. I just made a post on the Shotgun Sports site about this. They were talking about the ISIS and the Auto-buster. I put an Auto-buster on my back-up 391 this spring thinking it may be better. But after efforts to get it to work as well as the ISIS I wish I had stayed with ISIS. Ken was great to work with but the ISIS is just a great little unit that does just what I expected. As far as it being plastic, so is the receiver on my 391 and after 60,000 rounds it isn't showing any signs of wear. After seeing mine I know others that have used one and are satisfied as well. I also prefer the looks, few people even know it's not a regular pad. It's lighter and doesn't change the balance at all.
    Joe O

4. Cheetah

Cheetah Member

Joe ,
    The receiver on your 391 is made from a high grade aluminum alloy not plastic. The only thing plastic, or some form of delrin is the trigger housing.

FYI. !!!!!!!!!

Best Regards,

Harold

5. Joe O

Joe O Member

Cheetah; Just reread my thread I really did say receiver didn't I! I meant trigger, you can see the wear on the receiver and tell its metal! Thanks for catching that. Still like the ISIS best.
    Joe O

6. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

The ISIS is the best recoil reducing device I have ever used.

7. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

southjblue,

An article in the second issue of TrapShootingUSA mentions the Isis with other systems in an article about Recoil Reducers. According to the article, there is only "1/4 inch of linear compresson under recoil, which minimizes gun movement." It never needs lubrication, comes with 3 different sets of springs to tune the gun to your perference and has a lifetime guarantee.

8. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

Who installs the Isis System in the US?

9. sean justice

sean justice TS Member

try jim greenwood

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.