1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Isaac

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Pull & Mark, Aug 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Well, We've been getting pounded now for 24 hours by Isaac. Its been a very wet. windy and "Long" storm to say the least. At least its not the H word. I don't like saying the whole word this time of year. My advice to people in its path is to stay home and buckle down the hatches. There will be flooding!!! You should know by now what to have on hand, and to install window protection!!! Good Luck and break em all. Jeff

2. Pull & Mark

Vern, I remember when they only called the H word a woman's name, but they ran out of names because the jerks started to name "Tropical Storms"!!! In past years they only gave them numbers 1 thru 6-7 or the like to TS, saving all the names for the H's. I not only like your reasoning, but agree with it. LOL. Did you know that the Federal Food and Drug adm. has now found a food that prohibits all women from ever going a diet again!!!! Its called a wedding cake!!! LOL. Good Luck to all in this storms path!!! Break em all. Jeff

3. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

Pull & Mark - where are you? I am in Orlando and it was not bad here. Just a little rain all day.

Dad said he did not get much in Sarasota.

4. twotimer

twotimer Member

Pull & Mark,I'm up in the panhandle, 30mph winds not much rain yet. Should be pretty sporty by tomorrow a.m. Mike

5. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

twotimer What part of the Panhandle are you in?

6. twotimer

twotimer Member

Gulf county/Cape San Blas. Where are you at Slide?

7. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Good Luck you guys and stay safe.

If you can send some of that rain up the middle of the country all the way to the Canadian border.

8. Pull & Mark

I'm pretty close to Markham Park in Fort Lauderdale. We got over 7 inchs today plus 4-5 yesterday I'll guess. So like around 12 inches in 36 hours or so. We had wind gusts over 50 mph as well. We were lucky and saw no trees down, and did not loss powder at all. I heard on TV over 36,000 without powder in my county alone. I was surprised it lasted as long as it did. Wilma was in and out pretty quick, but this one stayed around a long time like Frances did. This storm had long arms and closed down all local schools, courthouse and misc. as well. To add to it, it was our trash and recyle day and though the trash did get pick-up the recyleing did not!!! So now there's a number of homes that have cans/bottles all over the yards. Kind of funny now that I think about it. So just wanted to say Good Luck to everyone in his/her path and board up. break em all. Jeff

9. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land

[​IMG]

Issac is coming!

10. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

North Walton co. N.E. of Defuniak Springs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.