1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Is your gun just wood and metal?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Little Limber, Sep 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Little Limber

Little Limber TS Member

I like it better than my mother-in-law, but it still sleeps in the closet in the back room with the dogs.

LL

2. gasman03

gasman03 Member

I love my gun. It lets me rub it with oil when ever I want. It never says anything to me. It loves to go to the range and it never cars how many shell I shot in a day.

Corey

3. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

I have a love affair going on with my DB-81 combo, and have for some time. And, no, I won't get rid of it. This time I think I've finally reached my limit on switching trap guns. This DB-81 will probably be the last trap gun I will ever own for my own personal shooting. I take real good care of her and she takes real good care of me. Sometimes makes me a better shooter than I thought I could be. While I may buy and sell other guns, the DB-81 stays.....Dan Thome (Trap2)

4. lumper

lumper TS Member

One of my guns is more than just wood and metal ... allot more than just wood and metal ... so much more than just wood and metal that if I cleaned all the carbon from it it would be nothing more than once again being just wood and metal but until that time happens ... it is allot more than just wood and metal.

5. Mike Michalski

Mike Michalski Member

Tron, Well if I can't take it with me, maybe I just won't go.

6. rjdden

rjdden TS Member

Several years back, like in 85, sometime in there I sold the shot gun I bought in 1971. It had over 40,000 through it. That included hunting shells as well as trap. I more or less had to because I was not sure what was going to happen. I came down with two diseases. The one is Degenerative joint disease, the other is Myasthenia Gravis. The Joint disease was the one I received my disability on. Then I got the other one about three years later. When I go on long runs like to the grocerie store or Wally*Mart or K-Mart, Target or any of the gun shops and long walks with my wife I have to use a wheel chair. So you can see why I sold them . Meaning two 870's an 1100 and a 742 30-06 along with a Colt 357 Python a 22 semi Auto, a 32 semi Auto, a 38 5 shot colt snub. On top of that I sold both my reloaders. A MEC 650 Jr., and an RCBS with 06 dies, 32 dies, 38 & 357 dies. I kept my 22 lever action rifle. About a year ago I took up reloading both pistol and shotgun. I went trap shooting yesterday (Sunday) for the first time in 22 years. I shot from my wheel chair. For not shooting for so many years I figured I did pretty well. I only shot 50 rounds. They went this way. 1st. round 22. 2nd round 19. I started on station 4 the second round and went straight on the 4th. station and the 5th. station. Dropped the first and second birds out on station 1. Dropped 2 birds on station 2 and 1 bird on station 3. With a little more practice shoots I will be back. Of course I said with help of my wheel chair. Yes I had some feeling for the one 870. As my feelings are groing for this one I have now also. I will not sell anything this time around. They will either go to my grand children or maybe buried with me. Who knows.

I now have 1-870 shotgun, 1-22 rifle, 1-380 auto Pistol, 1-357 single action with holster a very sweet shooter. My eyes are open for another 870, another 1100. This will be in the near future. Rich.(inPeoria,A.Z.)

7. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Just wood and metal, just like I don't much care what kind of shells I shoot or what post I start on.

8. nicky

nicky Member

Mom,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,Lumper just told us he's touching it again,!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. JohnBT

JohnBT TS Member

This essay answers the question better than I ever could. John

"Metal and Wood", an essay by David Bateman

www.thefiringline.com/Misc/library/Metal_and_Wood.html

10. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Each and everyone of my guns holds a great importnace to me. They are a part of me when on the line or in the field they are an extension of me.

11. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

You MUST believe it is a living[though non-breathing]object with which you MUST develop a special relationship and belief in. It MUST become a part of your very being, your very soul, your salvation. It must shoot where you look.....where you want it to shoot. It must be beautiful and have refinements in keeping with your special taste and requirements. You MUST never call it bad names nor swear at it when it dosen't shoot like you want it to. Then, if it doesn't meet all these qualities, throw the son of bitch away and get another one. Life is to short to screw around with a gun that sucks!

12. FredB

FredB Member

Like my car is metal and rubber and my wife is T & A?

I guess it depends on how much you paid for it like everything else in this material world most of the high priced guns seem to be a status symbol, like a car or trophy wife :)!

Bottom line; Who gives a duck....

13. kolar kda

kolar kda TS Member

MX-8B,
    YOU ARE RIGHT GUNS ARE LIKE WOMEN IN THAT SOME ARE PRETTIER THEN OTHERS, BUT ITS ALOT CHEAPER TO KEEP A GUN LOOKING GOOD AS IT AGES THEN A WOMAN! OH AND NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO, THE GUN WONT GET MAD AT YOU AND MAKE YOU SLEEP ON THE COUCH

AND NO ITS NOT JUST A GUN, I HAVENT SHOT IN ABOUT 3 YEARS, BUT I STILL LOVE MY KOLAR, I WOULDNT SELL IT FOR ANYTHING, I JUST HOPE SOMEDAY MY SON CAN SHOOT IT, AND WILL WANT TOO

14. shadow

shadow Active Member

NOPE!!! Mine has a rubber butt pad too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.