1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Your Club Having To Go To Steel Shot?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by joe kuhn, May 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Just a question to get some kind of a feel for what's happening out there.

Are clubs still fighting to keep lead in an active way, or has the lead issue settled down?

Don't get me wrong, I love shooting lead. We had to switch to steel years ago.

2. joe kuhn

It's good to see there is no response to this (yet).

3. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Not at Markham in S. Florida and no talk about it either. I'm pretty sure none of the other clubs in Florida are facing the steel shot issue.

Eric

4. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

H@## NO>

5. joe kuhn

I'm sorry to hear CA has legislation about to pass that will ban lead.

6. nudehunter1

nudehunter1 Member

Its interesting to see posts about the Naperville sportsman club, I used to live in the area and shot there ocasonaly, before lead ban. shot my first 25 straight there with a mossberg 500, I shot all around the area, retired and moved to Arkansas, only use steel shot in the duck woods, my sister lives just down the road, and I have stopped to watch, can't shoot steel thur my briley choke tubes in my 3 trap guns, so I end up in West Chicago when I visit. but remembered the big fireplace in the picture on the wall in the club house.

7. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Eric... if I recall, didn't those guys at Skyway have to throw steel?!

Nude... next time you're up this way over a Thursday, send me a PM and if I can arrange to have my BT99 guest gun available for you, I'd be glad to, when you visit your sis...

regards all,

Jay

8. nudehunter1

nudehunter1 Member

thanks spitter, I might just do that, next time I know I'll be in the area is first of Oct. for a wedding, and a Bears game. I'd love to shoot at the old club. I'm currently about to leave to shoot a couple of rounds at the Cherokee Village gun club, have to drive 55 miles.

9. SBray

SBray Active Member

Joe,

The ban on lead in California is for hunting purposes. In my local northern California area, all clubs shoot lead. In Sacramento county, the only remaining club has to comply with strict requirements on scheduling lead mining. The other local clubs in nearby counties, have responsibly scheduled lead mining programs that they themselves have put in place.

It is in the best interest of each club to have scheduled lead mining to show a good faith effort that we are a responsible group.

JMHO,

Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.