1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Is your Beretta 682 Gold E Un-single shooting high

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Jun 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Is your beretta Gold E Un-single shooting high enough for you? Mine was not and I took the Bbl to my local machine shop and had .092 milled off the bottom of the rib so it would go down lower in the front, Then had the piece in front of the rib milled off .092+ another .020, so it would be lower than the rib and not be seen. It was sticking above the rib at the lowest factory setting.
    Mine now shoots 110% before it shot only 80/20.

Then grind off one end of the rib tightening threaded ferrule so the rib will go down further, you may need to file the screw opening so the screw is not bottoming out. A dremel tool would be an easy way to do it, I used a small Flat Bastard File to do mine.

This could be done easily by Beretta to make the gun shoot higher.

.092 is half of the metal below the rib adjusting thumb wheel.

Total cost to me was $30.00 to do the job.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

2. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Gary, the only shortcoming of your modification is that since the Beretta O/U barrel has a fixed rib and can't have the same mod performed to match the POIs of the two barrels, a combo owner would have to adjust his comb setting every time he changed barrels. But for the unsingle-only owner, your fix sounds great.

Ed

3. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Average Ed it only works on the Adjustable un-single rib.

The 682 Gold E un-single combo is being sold by Jaquas for $3795

I had just paid this for the un-single 2 weeks prior.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.