1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Waxman really that dumb?

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by halfmile, Mar 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

URL too long for the frame, so you have to copy/paste:

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolumnists/shut_up_he_argues_uirufysrkDvUbxPbciPl5O

3500 companies have to write down billions because of the SEC rules on the way they treat the retiree's insurance. AT&T is taking a billion alone.

This is the package that wasn't going to cost anything.

And Henry Waxman is peeved, demanding answers. This is because of 2 lines out of the 2300 pages.

It ain't over yet. Better shift your 401K's if you can.

HM

2. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

It isn't a question of Waxman being dumb (though he is) but that Obama is really P.O.d that companies are publicly reporting (as required by the SEC by the way) some of the real costs of his healthcare reform since he sold it on the premise that it would help bring "utopia". In fact the real costs (far beyond even the admitted trillion dollars) will be in major economic downturns, lost jobs, and major increases in healthcare costs and the administration d**n well does not want that information coming out prior to the elections coming in November.

Jim R

3. halfmile

I guess Barky forgot to take over the SEC.

Waxman is really disingenuous if he thought they wouldn't take the write down.

My question: Where the hell was Big Biz when the health care was being argued all across the land?

they may have been able to turn the tide. Their silence is disturbing.

HM

4. skeet100

skeet100 Member

My thoughts on where BIG BUSINESS was/is in all this is laughing all the way to the bank... or almost...

Why would a BIG company wade off into a polarizing debate that has a country split 50/50 or 40/60... you still piss off a lot of customers either way...

In the end if it costs them a billion.... who the hell winds up paying it ???????

THE CUSTOMERS..... so I don’t look for Cat.. AT&T or a hundred other to get too upset... we will pay their part of it as well as have our tax burden increased... we will get screwed a 100 ways before its over..

one more... once 1000's of folks get hired to implement the plan... and millions get FREE benefits don't look for Republicans to have the guts to end it all. Just hide and watch...

5. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

A moonbat that really looks like a bat.

6. GRR

GRR TS Member

Yes he is dumb... It's time Californians weak up, your state is in bankruptcy and the dumb asses you send to Washington are trying to take the country down as well. I believe it's time the Right and Center tell the Left that if you don't like it here LEAVE. I'll be glade to help pay for one way tickets.

But make know mistake about it, all States need a clean sweep.

7. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

To answer your question, YES he is that stupid.

8. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Politicians always demand answers to the problems they create. Then they write legislation to "fix it." It's how the game is played.

9. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

"Is Waxman really that dumb?"

He's a dumocrap isn't he?

10. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

Waxman is a sawed off ugly little runt who probably got pushed around when he was a kid. He has some power now, so in his vindictive mind, it's payback time. He is the person behind the "cap and trade" mess that will be the next thing they try to ram through. I'm sick of his ilk. There are many good folks here in rural California. Those creeps from L.A., the coastal cities, and the Bay area are giving us a bad name.

11. bigunn

bigunn TS Member

Just a question didn't Howard Hughes tell them to take a flying leap one time?
    What could he do if they just said no , you little kreap. And then tun his phone off.bigunn

12. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

He has the "little man syndrome" and this is payback.

Don

13. bigunn

bigunn TS Member

Got a brotherlaw like that about 4 ft 6 big time union, has his pay check spent before he get it good thing he has over draft protection. Then again he complains about the overdraft fees. I call him a banney roster, puffs his chest out, squaks and craps all over the place. bigunn

14. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

BIGDON hit it right on the head.
    Waxman really IS that dumb...OR...he knowes there are enough people in Kalifornia who are EVEN MORE DUMB...that he can keep his POWER by keeping his political base whipped up.
    What a pathetic waste of good breathable air....

15. bigunn

bigunn TS Member

I think this would be a good time for these companys to throw this back into his face. Tell him it's gonna take 6 to 8 weeks to gather this info that he wants , so while they are gathering the info we are going to have to shut all opertions down. If mr. waxman from ca would like to vist while we are gathering the info that he is rquesting he can make an appointment to come to our headquarters and spesk to us , but it will have to breif as we will be very busy. bigunn

16. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    "Is Waxman really that dumb?"

He's dumber than a box of hammers.

But his committee investigate of ATT, et al, is not really about his not understanding these corporate reports. It's all about intimidation. He thinks he can bully corporations into not doing something they are obligated to do. That makes him both stupid AND arrogant.

He was even dumber when it came to his crap over guns.

17. thunder

thunder Active Member

No he's not dumb he is just a FAR LEFT IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Senator Rick Santorum, on Fox News said, "Waxman's not a Congressman, he's a Commissar."

19. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

is Waxman really that dumb? Does a bear s++t in the woods?

Have you ever seen Henry Waxman when he's not sitting on the dais?
    He seems to be 5 feet tall, maybe a tad more. He's physically small while surrounded by people of normal size and bigger - not unlike Napoleon and some other historical figures who suffered from the same complex. Have you ever listened to him talk? He has ZERO qualifications to tell anyone anything about running a business. I don't think he's ever met a payroll, let alone had to comp;y with SEC and FASB accounting regulations (which he's likely had a role in passing into law).

I would not have wanted to be him as a child in school. The teasing etc. must have been merciless.

Of course he's that "dumb". Watch the hearings and observe the tactics he uses to try to cower the CEOs into submission. I pray to God that one of them stands up to him.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

20. halfmile

First time following regulations gets you called on the carpet.

"Oh, but I don't want to go aboutamong mad people" said Alice.

"That's all right", said the Cheshire Cat, "We are all quite mad here".

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.