1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Is this why some TS comments post what they post?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by pyrdek, Feb 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

This is an old posting that seems to once again be relevant to some of the postings and responses appearing here in the past month or so. It may help top explain the lack of tolerance or understanding being shown by some members towards members with a different view of things.. Link updated 12/27/2011

Is this why some posters on Trapshooters.com post and act the way they do?

Here is a short excerpt from a longer article and a link to the full article. follows.

"This is one of the oldest accounts of why people stereotype and have prejudice: It makes us feel better about ourselves," says Jeffrey Sherman of the University of California, Davis, who co-wrote the study. "When we feel bad about ourselves, we can denigrate other people, and that makes us feel better about ourselves."

Psychologists have considered two possibilities why people feeling bad about themselves might show more prejudice than the highly confident, Sherman said: Low self-esteem either enhances negative evaluations of others, or makes you less likely to suppress those biases you already harbor."

Why We Kick Others When We're Down

2. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I'll buy into the theory. I see it as at least similar in the old salt, "We dislike in others what we most dislike in ourselves."

3. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

Any psychologist worth their salt will agree with the above two posts. That is why I never respond to some of the folks on here who are serial insulters.

I do feel sorry for them because it really must suck to have such low self esteem that you have to constantly denigrate others.

Interesting post.

4. neofight

neofight TS Member

I think we need to force them into a group hug and just squeeze the negativity right out of them : ) It seems to be an inherent part of on-line forums, from which there is no escape, except to ignore, move on and heave a mighty sigh..

5. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Well, at last an explanation for why the Muzzies hate us.

6. crusha

crusha TS Member

You sound like a gay skeet shooter.

...and not a very intelligent one, at that.

7. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

My grandfather was fond of saying that some people find it easier to tear others down than to make themselves better......

Kip

8. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Kip.. I like that saying.. very true..

9. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Hmmm, sounds like Psych 101, eh Mike?

10. gundog

gundog TS Member

I agree with these posts. However you can tell by many of the posts these folks post they see the problems and the solutions to be very simple. They come from a very very simple minded approuch.
    I also believe many responses come from a opinon and not from being informed. This is a very dangerous approuch to life.
    Just my 2cents now blast away and prove me right.
    And Jerry you still suck! LOL.

11. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

Pulldude there is no question about that! And, I might add, so do you :)

12. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

beg to differ. If a poster is mildy wrong or off base the response is usually restrained.

Unfortunately at times there are posters who remove the curtain that conceals a perverted liberal outlook.

They need urination therapy. You can spot them by their chiming in on a subject in gleefully vociferous exact opposition to the previous posters. Usually when confronted they retaliate with increasing vitriol.

Their absence on informational threads is also a dead giveaway.

To sum up, You can take your eggheaded psychobabble and put it behind the lucite navel.

HM

13. shelly

shelly TS Member

HM, now that was funny.

14. overbored

overbored Member

Trappy you are so obvious.........

Hugh

15. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

"Is this why some posters on Trapshooters.com post and act the way they do?"

on this forum, there is little moderation so it's almost a free for all (with regard to the insults and profanity laced dribble). Go to almost any other forum and you wouldn't see as much fighting and personal attacks on other members....

16. blow-by

blow-by Member

17. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I think when someone insults you on this site or any site, you should respond in one of two ways. 1.) Kill them with kindness and pity, or 2.) Insult them in the most nasty way you can without using profanity. I prefer number two, but have used number one. But then, sometimes it's fun to insult, just to get a reaction. Especially in the winter.

18. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

This is such a dumb thread. Anybody who would raise these questions and respond to them really needs to grow a pair. I bet you all drive a Prius. Whoops, I posted here...well I'm exempt; just putting the rest of you back on track.

David
    (and I'm better than the rest of youse)

19. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

As with anything in life, its easier to tear down then its is to build up.

Building something up is always the better way though.

20. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

lctrapshooter:

So each of those people you listed, explicitly said they voted for Obama in 2008? Can you provide proof? Show me where I said I voted for Obama? I would like to see that....or are you following the idiotic methodology of southjblue that if someone thinks Palin is a mindless twit, then they must have voted for Obama in 2008 and is a Democratic supporter? LOL Another fine example of how one person adds 1 and 1 together to get 11.

There is a reason why you are sitting behind your computer, posting empty ended rants, your blood pressure about to explode, rather than being a successful individual in life, doing something productive for you country. Food for thought...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.