1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Is this TS.Com's Neil Winston?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Doorknee, Feb 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doorknee

Doorknee TS Member

Is this TS.Com

On a thread in Superbikeplanet( motorcycle racing forum) I read a story about a 1970's racer named Walt Foster who rode for Neil Winston's Wacky Racers Racing Team from Minneapolis. Is This former ATA president Neil Winston??
    Don D.

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I can't answer your question but do you realize how many Neil Winston's there are in this world?

Matt

3. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

That's our Neil. He used to campain XR750's on the national flat track circut. He's talked about it on this site before, but it has been a lot of years ago.

ss

4. grntitan

SS--When you say campaign, do you mean he owned/ran the team or actually raced them? I have seen Neil in person before and just don't picture him going sideways around the track dragging a foot. Of course alot of activities change as we age.

Matt

5. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Neil owned the bikes and paid the bills. He also rode and wrenched on them. Neil is a man of many talents and passions.

ss

6. grntitan

Ron-- I did a search for Neil Winston and was amazed at how many i could find. That was my point in my post. I clearly said "I can't answer your question".

Also, if i wish to post on every thread i will. You do not have to read my BS. As for your not coming down on me, what would you call that?? Calling someone a "FOOL" is not a positive post. Maybe you should sit back as well and enjoy. Personally i think my post was nothing more than a Question. Your intitled to your opinion as i am also. No hard feelings on my part but i certainly don't need a forum posting lesson today. Take Care and enjoy or not.

Matt

7. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

I truely respect people that have been around these bikes back in the day. I recenlty just had to hang up my leathers, I am going to miss it.

[​IMG]

8. grntitan

Bryan--I agree. I had a GSXR 750 for several years when i was younger. I never had the balls to lay one over like that in the curves especially at the speeds they do it. I believe flat tracking is like this pic though. Is that you in the pic on your post??---Matt

grntitan_2009_2503215.jpg

9. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

Oh I wasn't referring to what I posted a flat tracking or anything Neil might have done. But it is really cool to listen to the good ole boys back in the day stories. If it has two wheels, goes fast I like it.

10. grntitan

Bryan--Same here. I rode dirt bikes for recreational fun for years. I finally sold my last one(YZ 250) in '94. The spills were starting to take alot longer to heal. :)

Matt

11. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

calkidd,

Pretty nice looking track day R1. Almost nothing better than getting an apex right, then again, getting it wrong sucks!

ss

12. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

The first time I met Neil.....and I'm sure he wont remember, was in Allen Lehman's trailer at the Silver Dollar Gun club in Odessa, FL. in 1986. I knew he was a motorcyclist by the calf high, lace-up motorcycling boots.

I'm not sure but I believe, by the questions he was asking, that he was just then getting into trapshooting. If I remember correctly, he was in FL for some motorcycling races. We were both skinnier and prettier back then.

13. whiz-bang

whiz-bang Active Member

Neil owned 3 750XRs. Before H D Neil had Triumps. Neil had many bikes and riders. I am sure Neil named his team Winston Racers as he advertised that in the Minnesota state shoot program years ago. I met one of Neils riders at the Spring Grand back in the 80S but can't remember his name.

14. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Yes, Neil has been there, done that, got the T-shirt.

halfmile_2008_030360.jpg

Here's Randy Texter's daughter Shayna doing it up.

halfmile_2008_030361.jpg

And here's the 130 MPH corner entrance trick, feet up.

HM

15. grntitan

I use to go to the races at DuQuoin, IL every year. Those guys have some serious balls let me tell ya. It appears to me to be a controlled slide around the whole track. I had know idea they reached speeds that fast though. Impressive.

Matt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

neil winston trap

wacky racers racing team minneapolis