1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Is this the guy shooting next to you?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bigbore613, Apr 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

One born every minute !

2. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

It sure does look like Rocket Science. I wonder if he tried shooting any of those yet? Probably not, since he is still breathing and has all of his fingers, at least on the one hand. I assumed he was holding the camera with the other, but maybe not?

3. The Stive

The Stive Member

Hey!! They could work. Maybe they would not. I bet that they will go BANG.
    Anybody's guess what happens then. John

4. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

What a maroon!

5. Shell Shucker

Shell Shucker TS Member

Boy Howdy!!!

Looks like this nit-wit is makin' proof loads for a Ceasar Guerini!!

Har De Har!

JJC

6. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

All that to save on a 3 cent hull.

7. Gun Dog

Gun Dog TS Member

And the Wife thinks I spend to much time Reloading ?!!!

This guy makes my little operation look like an Ordinance Plant!

8. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

<blockquote>"This scares the S--- out of me!"</blockquote>

Why?? The shells are obviously much larger than 12 gauge and the shot is obviously copper-plated and large as well. Since he didn't specify exactly what kind of "powder" he is using, he could well be making black powder fowler loads for a punt gun in a gauge that he can no longer get hulls for. Absolutely nothing wrong with his process or his product assuming the application is as I suspect.

MK

9. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

I would bet those copper plated pellets are .177 cal BBs.

10. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

This guy has a death wish.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XaF3nhSzTDY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XaF3nhSzTDY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Jerbear

11. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

I couldn't see anything wrong at all with his trigger assembly? What did I miss?

There's a guy in Payson,AZ thats built one of the slickest operating semi-auto shotguns I've ever seen! He's already had the proto-type working model proof tested at centerfire rifle numbers, 5 different times!! It looks like an unsingle shotgun and loads from the side and is a 2 shot semi-auto which ejects the spent hulls straight down at your feet as bottom ejecting models do!! It's an amazing shotgun!! I might post some pictures of it if I can get his permission later on.

Hap

12. Tony Fortino

Tony Fortino Member

they all seem to work

13. jbmOU

jbmOU Member

In my opinion this guy is pretty smart. Take a look at all the other videos he's made, some of the stuff is pretty impressive! There's nothing wrong with anything he's doing, its clear that he understands how firearms work, probably more so than most of us posting on here. You never know, this guy could someday come up with the next new breakthrough in firearms technology

14. Sportshot

Sportshot Active Member

Interesting.

I don't think that using the top wad shot cover plug is a good idea. Why did he have to do that???

Something will probably go wrong between that home made full length shell cover?crimp and the top wad....... and that's where he might run into big trouble.

Nope. I give it two big thumbs down~

15. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

SS, ever use slugs in a shotgun with a rolled crimp?

Whatever powder is used, chamber pressures could vary from 6 to 11 thousand pounds of pressure. That outer hull will be welded to the chamber walls during that process, NO?

I agree with Rick Barker!

Hap

16. Anchorsteam

Anchorsteam TS Member

Brilliant. And a skilled modeler too. He's probably wearing a ring with a Beaver on it. If not, he will in about 4 years. Maybe there's another video where he explains ejecta weight & powder charge dynamics. The hull is merely a 'gasket' to hold all the components together from production until it goes 'bang'.

17. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

This is a very talented asian kid (listen carefully to the voice) . If he loads those hulls with the same care with which he made them, they will work. As to the paper gun action, again, very clever and obviously, highly skilled hands.

18. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

The Activ hull is a good design almost all plastic w/eception of the metal disc in the base for the primer to be pushed into.

I wish I had a million or 2 of them Activ hulls, presently have about 500 of them left, I load my real far back-up shells in them as they are easy to identify. Longshot powder w/ 1 1/4 oz #6s

I would not want this guy shooting at a range anywhere, lots of potential problems and injuries.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

19. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

I want to see the video of him shooting the shells. Also of the video of the after math.

20. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

If you think this is dangerous, please state why? The combustion and pressure build up in the chamber and the shell has nothing to do with it.

The only thing that makes me wonder about this is the time and effort involved. Seems like a lot of effort with little savings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.