1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Is this pistol any good in your opinion?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Shooting Jack, Sep 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I have the opportunity to buy a ARM RockIsland 1911 FS Duratouch in a 45Cal for $310.00 new. I'm just not familiar with this gun and hope someone on here is so I won't end up buying a piece of junk. I appreciate your help. Jackie B.

2. Shooting Jack

I should have mentioned that $310. was cost on the pistol not retail. Jackie B.

3. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

Rock island armory as far as I know is a place the army sends the guns to be rebuilt. They work on 30 Cars and 1911. What you will be getting is a shooter and nothing more. Find a web site form that has the colectors on it. At that price its not a bad. The ones that I have seen have not been bad.

4. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

I just went to Gunsamerica and typed in ROCK ISLAND ARMORY and got prices $379, $425, $370, $410, $440, $450, $495, $425.

5. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

If is possible, take the gun for a test drive. Run a box of ammo through it and you will get a good idea of the gun's accuracy and reliability potential. I wouldn't consider this gun if you are looking for a starting point for building a custom gun but for $310 you really can't get get hurt too badly.

6. harleypilot

harleypilot Member

The Rock Island Arsenal is where military weapons and parts are made. The Rock Island Armory is a private company that makes very high quality AR15s.
    I don't know about the quality of their 1911s, but would suspect they are well made.

Jim

7. Madmark

Madmark TS Member

Rock RIVER makes high quality AR's. Rock Island is made in the Phillipines IIRC. You get what you pay for.

8. Ken X

Ken X TS Member

I bought a $300 .45 once, a Llama. Its shoots, but what a junker compared to a $750 gun. You had to be careful to have the grip safety all the way in or it wouldn't shoot!

9. ljunatic

ljunatic Member

The Rock Island .45's are made in the Phillipines by Armscor and have a very good reputation for the money. They also have a great customer service reputation. Check them out over at M1911.org.

10. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

ljunatic has it right. It is a pretty well made gun for the money and at that price it is well worth it. They make a tactical model too but it is a little higher in price. It is a mil spec gun, no frills. The cheapest one that I have seen is when they first came out and it was 339. Buy it. John

11. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

looking for a plinker it ok, I saved my money to buy the S&W Performance center 1911 45acp. Great gun out of the box.

12. Shooting Jack

Thanks for your input. I ordered me one to see how well it performs against my colt. At the 1911 internet site(I didn't know there was one until someone listed it) there were no negatives listed about it. There were some that had been modified and were sharp looking with the laser rail and they said they shot well. Thanks again. Jackie B.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.