1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Is this old news?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ebsurveyor, Dec 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ebsurveyor

ebsurveyor Member

ATA Executive Director Tenders Resignation
    Effective December 7, 2009, Jim L. Thompson, has tendered his resignation as Executive Director of the Amateur Trapshooting Association (ATA) and the Amateur Trapshooting Association of America (ATAA). Mr. Thompson stated that he is resigning for personal reasons and that he enjoyed his tenure as Executive Director and that he wishes the organization, and its membership, nothing but the best in the future. He further advised that he will remain an avid ATA shooter and support the Association wherever possible.

The ATA Executive Committee met and have accepted Mr. Thompson's resignation and they thanked him for his services to the ATA and ATAA and wish him the best in any new career that he might choose.

The Executive Committee advises that they will meet and select a successor, for the executive director vacancy, at the earliest practicable time.

2. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

It wasn't old news to me, Butch. But then, I've been out of the ATA gossip circles for a few years now.

Ever since Dave Bopp's somewhat heated departure, that office has had a revolving door.

Ed

3. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Merely a do nothing political nepotism job anyway.

Curt

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

Curt- You are very wrong. It is a demanding post.

Pat Ireland

5. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Pat...

Nope...I'm not wrong. Was a Delegate for 3 years and have been the Alt. for 10 yrs.

You expressed your opinion...I expressed mine.

Best regards,

Curt

6. Glenn E.

Glenn E. TS Member

Butch,
    Looks like you will be able to get the banks you request at Pa.now that you have an in (Frank R.)at the ATA,heck they may even remove the no reset rule from your squad. LOL See you in the Spring.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.