1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Is this maybe why the Somali`s are mad??

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Deeg, Feb 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deeg

Deeg TS Member

Is this maybe why the Somali`s are mad at us ???

copy and paste:

http://www.democracynow.org/2009/4/14/analysis_somalia_piracy_began_in_response

2. neofight

neofight TS Member

.They're mad at us because we stepped in, rescued our guys and blew their asses in the water. They're mad at us because they're poor and under-educated and they see us and the rest of the world as fat, rich easy targets.

3. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

"Is this maybe why the Somalis are mad?"

Oh Puleeeeez.

They're mad at us because......................

I don't care why anyone THINKS the Somalis (OR ANYONE ELSE) are mad at us. Just because they are mad does NOT justify behavior like this. I get mad at my wife sometimes. I get mad at my son sometimes. Heck, I get mad at the guy next to me shooting trap because his shells from his semi auto are hitting me. Sorry, neofight. If you meant it tongue in cheek, OK. If not, then I can't understand why you'd even post .

GET A CLUE FOLKS. I DON"T TURN AROUND AND SHOOT THE GUY ON THE TRAPLINE NEXT TO ME BECAUSE HIS SHELLS ANNOY ME. I haven't killed my wife or my son. I learned to BEHAVE. Simple as that.

Big bad corporations dumping toxic waste? And, heaven forbid, fishing? Has anyone checked out Amy Goodman's story? Who is she? Why is she so willing to accept Mohammed .............'s tale of woe? Hello? Anyone heard of fact checking?
    Who is Mohammed Abshir Waldo?
    He just might be as bad as the guy he hates and tried to overthrow.

I recommend unless you have been there, cool it.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

4. 682b

682b Member

I don't care why they are mad at western countries. That includes the US. They are pirates and nothing more. At some point the laws that cover the high seas will change and mercenaries will be aloud to protect private ships. Perhaps a well trained crew with proper offensive weaponry would do. Yes I said offensive. When you are being boarded I think you should be offensive. A dozen or so of those RPG's would do some real damage to those so called fishing boats. That's just my humble opinion. JIM

5. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

This crap has been going on over there since the 1700's. Thomas Jefferson sent the fleet over there back then to put a halt to the Barbary Pirates reign of terror.

They've earned about $60 million last year in ransoms according to news sources. Guess what...they're still hating us and who cares?

They're pirates and criminals period.

Throw them all overboard and sail off into the sunset. Many other problems to solve without wasting time on this catsh$t.

6. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

They neither like nor dislike us, or anybody else for that matter. Do bank robbers rob banks because they hate tellers? No, they like money!

They are pirates/criminals, and should be treated as such. Dunk 'em!

7. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Torpedo the mother ship.

8. shelly

shelly TS Member

kiv-c got it right- just follow the money.

9. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

in shelly's case, just follow the bouncing check.....

10. schutzemgud

schutzemgud TS Member

Thomas Jefferson knew how to deal with pirates. "From the shores of Montezuma to shores of Tripoli." Those words came from our Marines going into the pirates den's of the time and cleaning them out because they attacked our shipping. Hmmmnn........do you think NoBamma has got a clue?

11. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

schutzmgud,

RIGHT ON!

12. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

To answer the question, NO

The pirates have been around for hundreds of years. We had a small war with them back in the 1800's and FAILED to finish what we started (Again) The president paid them off to stop raiding our ships.

We haven't learned yet that history repeats itself when you don't learn from it!

If you want the problem stopped, wipe them out!

As long as we are more concerned about "offending" some one or group, we'll never get an issue resolved.

13. shelly

shelly TS Member

Too bad our military's commander in chief has no backbone.

14. chipking

chipking TS Member

" From the Halls of Montezuma to the Shores of Tripoli" is the correct wording. The Navy and Marines have already demonstrated how to handle the problem and I'm quite sure that if "allowed" would be more than willing to do so again.

Semper Fi

--- Chip King ---

15. neofight

neofight TS Member

SSeitz007, I certainly did not imply in any way that their actions were justified by their circumstances,or that i support, in any way,their actions i was merely pointing out what i believe is in their minds. Piracy is piracy and we must deal with them any way we can.

16. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Their not mad, they love us.

They sit in hooches smoking and drinking on credit until some work floats their way.

There is a whole clandestine economey built around the pirates, arms and supplies,boats, drugs, booze and prostitution.

17. Deeg

Deeg TS Member

Do we expect to behave like this and NOT have people (this time the Somalis)retaliate ?

AMY GOODMAN: When I read your article, Mohamed Abshir Waldo, it reminded me of a controversial memo that was leaked from the World Bank—this was when Lawrence Summers, now the chief economic adviser, was the chief economist at the World Bank—in which it said, "I think the economic logic behind dumping a load of toxic waste in the lowest-wage country is impeccable, and we should face up to that. I’ve always thought that under-populated countries in Africa are vastly under-polluted." He said he was being sarcastic.

18. shelly

shelly TS Member

Earth to Deeq- wake up and smell the coffee. Take a look at the above URL to see the nationality of the ships attacked by Somali pirates just in 2010. How many of them were from the US? Not very many were there. Stop making excuses for these criminals who only care about stealing from others rather than being productive.

19. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I like the Drone idea. Some guy on a computer in New Jersey can let 'em have it, and not even get wet.

20. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

sernv99,

I don't think most here have caught onto that yet.

ss

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.