1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

IS THIS LEAGAL??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by winmag, May 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. winmag

winmag TS Member

I HAVE A "FRIEND" THAT WANTS TO KNOW IF IT IS LEAGAL TO HUNT WHITE TALED DEAR USING AN ARROW FIRED OUT OF A 410. I SAY IT IS NOT LEAGAL, BUT HE LIKES TO ARGUE ALOT.

BILLY.

2. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Don't know if it's legal, But it works quite good. Short barreled 410, Cut the shell open and dump the shot. Save shot for reloading later. Insert arrow down barrel till it seats in shot cup. Don't ask how I know this.

T.P.

3. three-reloaders

three-reloaders TS Member

While I was in Vermont in archery season was told by warden that they have arrested some people that were firing arrows out of 12 gauge single barrel hammer shotgun. They take to top off shell and dump the shot. Then install the arrow in the barrel then put broadhead on. They would trim the feather so it would fit in wad. The arrow was held in center of barrel with paper at muzzle. This would travel a hundred yard accurately. The Wardens had to start putting a chemical on the enter wound and check it with light to see if arrow was fired from gun. This is the truth. I say this in action.

4. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Game warden?? That's dumb, If your gonna shoot arrows with shot shells, At least be smart enough to not get caught. Heck all ya gotta do is bone it out. Put the meat in a trash bag and hide it till ya get home. I know of one guy with a special built box under the truck just for that reason.

T.P.

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

Why not just use a cross bow?

Pat Ireland

6. ol 12 shooter

ol 12 shooter TS Member

Tell your friend who told you that, that's the kind of stories that make a good hunter/sportsman look like all the bad ones. I wish all of them caught and paying huge fines. Great stuff for the anti's..

ol 12

7. smartass

smartass TS Member

Shooting an arrow out of a shotgun is another example of American ingenuity. This type of forward thinking is what makes this country great. Of course, this doesn't excuse violating hunting laws.

8. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Yes its legal, just don't get caught because then its illegal ...
    WPT ... (YAC) ...

9. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Like WPT says, only I'll say it just a tad differently.

As long as you don't get caught, nothing is illegal.

Is this a short arrow or a long arrow? And why haven't they considered darts instead of arrows? ;-)

Hauxfan!

10. bydnsilly3

bydnsilly3 Member

In California it is not legal. Neither is hunting with a crossbow during archery season. Crossbows may only be used during rifle season. Archery season is for manually drawn and released bows.

Bill Myers

11. phirel

phirel TS Member

An illegal action is illegal regardless if one is or is not caught and found guilty by the legal system. And a court ruling of not guilty is not the same thing as innocent.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.