1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Is this good business practice???

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by lumper, Aug 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lumper

lumper TS Member

First things first ... have you called them and actually spoken to a person of some authority there and discussed this situation with them?

I would bet that you have not and that if you do they will take care of you and do what they can to make you a happy shopper.

Have you bothered to call them or just complain on and let TS.com decide what you should do?

2. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Cancel your order and send them a letter (a real one) as to why, etc.

They are taking care of business and not worrying about you and your paltry order. Then again, their decision may have been made by a low to mid level manager and is contrary to the owner's business philosophy!

Who knows, they may make it right!!

Curt - Delaware

3. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

I'd be miffed, too.
    Call them back after they've had a chance to return from the Grand and to settle down. Tell them what you've told us, and that you'd like the Grand pricing on your shells. There's a very good chance they'll give it to you.

4. lumper

lumper TS Member

Ok ... so they are at the Grand ... as Joe said they do have cell phone coverage at the Grand and I am sure if you really wanted to you could get a hold of them at the Grand and discuss it with a person of some authority.

You could also ask the polite young lady who has the key to lock the place up at night and open it in the morning? Most likely it aint her and that person is a person in charge. If you cant get past the polite young lady on the phone then you really have a problem that you must first take care of before you ask them to take care of the other problem.

Have you also considered that maybe ... just maybe ... the shells that are being sold at the Grand has never seen there warehouse but has possibly been shipped directly to Sparta? Maybe whatever they have left will be brought back to the warehouse for there inventory? Have you ever thought that doing business at the Grand is not really about them making a huge profit but instead about maybe servicing the event and the shooters?

I think your just blowing this all out of proportion. Your retired arent you and trap shooting and TS.com is a major part of your life and your just livid over all of this and ... well ... I suggest you just relax and calm down before ya get some sort of apoplexy or some other sort of health problem.

Aint there some other shell you could purchase that will go BANG and make the target go POOF!!!

5. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

Jerry, do not take this as a slam but just my thoughts, as some one who deals with ammo orders for our facility.

Was the "Shell house" deal a contract with the ATA with a set retail price? Wholesale and retail price set months ago?

Do you think that Fed, Win, Rem. etc had a better wholesale (bulk) price for the Grand? Most likely drop shipped to Sparta.

Special Shell for Grand? ATA Logo?

Production runs to meet Grand quota vs ammo for public in general.

We use and sell Estate and every order for the last year has always been short at least 1 load whether it was a shot size or weight.

If you(everyone) want a specific load/ brand be prepared to have shortages.

JMO

Scott

6. lumper

lumper TS Member

Dude ... you need to relax or your going to have major hemorrhoidal blow out.

Have you ever considered going to a local dealer and asking them if they can order that shell for you? Make it worth there while and order 20, 30 or more flats of it to show them your serious about it. Tell them what your currently paying and if they can match it or maybe even save ya a little you'll order them from them and set up a local deal for yourself.

Also I want you to know I just spoke with the nice polite young lady about this and she gave me a number to call in Sparta. If you want that number just say the word and I will give you that number.

7. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Jerry,

They obviously have their prioritys and long time steady customers are not it from what I see ... I would probably feel much the same as you do but I would cancel the order and go someplace else from then on ... Try Recob and see if they can fill your order, or maybe Steve Crow and then tell Gamaliel to kiss your "Royal American Ass" ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

8. Cherokee Kid

Cherokee Kid TS Member

I ordered "no onions" on my burger the other day and got onions. Do you all feel sorry for me? What should I have done?

9. lumper

lumper TS Member

OH MY GARSHNESS ... you ordered no onions and got onions anyway? If I had been you I would have pulled back around and complained to the nice person on the speaker and ask to speak to the head burger flipper to remedy the situation and if you were told that it was only her and nobody else you could speak to ... well ... dang ... I'd pitch a complaint on www.noonionsonmyburger.com where all the other no onions on your burger people read and post and begin to yelp and scream about the entire situaion.

Yep that is what you should have done ... so how was it a cheeseburger or just a regular burger with onions?

10. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

FlaLagarto- There is NO service in the service industry anymore and you have a right to be upset. They took your money and sent you the wrong product. They "owe" you satisfaction.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

11. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

lumper aka lump of shit;
    You are the most sarcastic asshole that I have ever had the unfortunate displeasure to read. As for getting a life, it's interesting that every F**king thread you have to make crappy comments. I for one am sick of your crap. Put your head where the sun don't shine again and stiffle your self. Richard

12. bgf

bgf Active Member

BLKLAB,

DITTO!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. skeet100

skeet100 Member

1. Gamaliel is one of the BEST companies ever.

2. Make up your mind when you call what you want and order it THEN, all that asking then calling back is your fault.

3. Relax, if that is all you have to write a complaining thread about you need to be happy with life.

4. I have never dealt with a more polite group than Gamaliel.

I sometimes pay them more just because I enjoy dealing with such a great group of folks.

no wonder some operators get grumpy after a day on the phone..............

14. lumper

lumper TS Member

DA ... Jerry said earlier that he has been told by the nice polite young lady that ... "everyone who was anyone was in Sparta and she would pass on the message" ... that kind of sounds like the decision makers are in Sparta?

BTW ... why bust my balls for suggesting he call Sparta? Joe702 told him to do the same thing or are you trying to bust balls because of some sort of vendetta you have for a fellow shooter?

15. secdolo

secdolo TS Member

Jerry, I am Geoff Pare of Gamaliel Shooting Supply, and yes I am in Sparta at the Grand. I apologize for your inconvenience but this is the first I have heard of this. My mother and father are who were in Al. and I am sure they did not mean to offend you over a case or two of shells. We have not had a great selection of federal this summer and the Grand ammo is shipped directly here to Sparta and I have no control over what they have or not. None of the Grand ammo was ever in our warehouse.

The price for the Grand was established some time ago before the last price increase and everyone agreed to hold it for the Grand to help the shooters get one more chance at the old price. As you stated we did credit your card so I dont think you have been out anything except for trouble and I would be glad to try and help you when I get back. If you would like to call my secretary in gamaliel (Donna) she will give you my cell number and you can call me while I am here.

As I have said before we know we make mistakes but I think we most always try our best to correct them in a timely manner. I will be waiting for your call to rectify this at your convenience.

Geoff Pare
    Gamaliel Shooting Supply

16. lumper

lumper TS Member

Ya know I have never done any business with Gamaliel before but I will now. I need a few supplies of this and that and I know they carry them. Geoff seems to be a stand up type of guy with a top notch company. I have never heard anything other than good things about Gamaliel and he has now proven what I have heard.

Thanks for trying to slam them around a little Jerry and showing to us all just how top notch they are as a company. I am looking forward to becoming a customer of theres and I am now off to be that new customer and place my first order.

17. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

See, there you go... a squeaky wheel getting some grease. And Geoff Pare knows which side of his bread is buttered on - as its his company.

Many times, I will prefer to do business with a smaller family owned business exactly for this reason - at the "big-box" stores, there is very little vested interest.

Good for You!

Jay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.