1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

IS THIS BS, OR IS THERE ANY TRUTH TO THIS?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by senior smoke, May 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

at our club championship sunday a group of shooters were talking about some guy in ohio who is wealthy and he startedor is starting a club near columbus and has enough room for the ATA. a few felt after the ATA's lease is up, they will probably go to columbus. i told them i don't believe this. i said stop spreading rumors! the ATA just moved into Sparta, why would they want to move? is this a case of gun club bs or any truth to it?
    steve balistreri

2. tom berry

tom berry Active Member

must be talking about Cardinal Center. It's just north of Columbus.

Don't know about the rest of the comments.

3. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

I was not aware the ATA moved to Sparta but instead is only holding an event at Sparta, well they did pay for all the machines in the houses and ... well ... yeah they kind of did move to Sparta if you think of all the money they dumped there for the equipment.

But the checks and paperwork still come from Ohio so ... dang the ATA is kind of a Multi-State organization with homes in 2 places. I wonder if they consider Sparta as kind of like a summer getaway home?

4. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

The ATA will be in Sparta for the next eight years at a minimum. There are, at present, no plans to move anywhere else.

Neil

5. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Neil ... I thought the ATA was still in Ohio and only held a couple of events in Sparta a yesr? When did the ATA offices move to Sparta?

6. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

The ATA is were the shooters are .

7. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

Most of your post on Cardinal Center is accurate. The bankroll is there. The Grand moving back is typical of the the attitudes of the VERY devoted Ohio ATA members who will not drive to Sparta to shoot their beloved GAH. Wishful & misplaced.

8. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

ALF-99 you don't understand Mr Newbius shoot his targets in Ohio at the office obviously. You see he doesn't understand the difference between corporate offices and business locations It is kind of deep for his logic.

Bob Lawless

9. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Bob I fully understand but if the ATA was truly committed to Sparta and fully trusted the State of Illinois not to screw them don't you honestly think that the ATA, which is really nothing more than filing cabinets, computers and fax machines would move to where the business location is?

I would bet that the cost of actually doing business would be cheaper in Sparta IL and an office space, especially when pocketing all the cash from the sale of the office they own in Ohio. If they dont own the office in Ohio than there really is no reason at all that the office of the ATA could not be where they conduct there business.

Sorry but to me it is not logic to have your corporate office where you conduct your business but instead it is just common sense.

10. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

My Grand is the Ohio state shoot and the Cardinal classic! Awesome place to shoot,and camp

11. ivanhoe

Mr Newbius I don't wish this to become an argument or to hi-jack this thread.I will however answer your question with the best logical explanation I can. you asked

"but if the ATA was truly committed to Sparta and fully trusted the State of Illinois not to screw them don't you honestly think that the ATA, which is really nothing more than filing cabinets, computers and fax machines would move to where the business location is?" No I don't honestly think that they would move. With that being said let me ask. Would you sell your building and move your corporate office to another State when you don't own a building or space in that State just because Mr Newbius doesn't understand? Not to mention the fact that as Neil stated 8 years is all the lease is good for at this time.

You also said "Sorry but to me it is not logic to have your corporate office where you conduct your business but instead it is just common sense." All I can say to that is Tell it to Wal-Mart their corporate offices are in Bentonville Ark. in many cases a long way from where they do business and they seem to do alright. Kind of blows your theory of common sense.

Bob Lawless

12. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Newbus: Again you speak of what you know not.

Don

13. Don S

Don S Member

Didn't the ATA sell the land at Vandalia and are now leasing the space from the airport/Dayton?

14. ivanhoe

Don S That very well may be so. I am not sure but either way it doesn't make sense to me to pack everything and send it to Sparta for a guarantee of only 8 years.

When you get their you will have to train new office help and whatever. Of course to some I guess the expense would mean nothing after all they think they can do a better job than the people that have been doing it for years.

Bob Lawless

15. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

What do you suggest they do with the museoum and that bldg. which by the way houses the offices.

Don

16. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Oh thanks, Lit. How can we keep secrets if you are reading the minutes?

Neil

17. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

There are Sparta lovers and Ohio lovers. I don't think the 2 will ever get together. For me, Sparta is too far, but any number of shooters from Missouri, Illinois, or other closer states will take my place. It's not the end of the world.

18. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

The ATA is just not the GMH (Sparta). It's the place that centralizes records for a vast membership. People do that. The location of the business office has no bearing on the membership. But, the people that do the work do. It would be just an added cost to move everything to Sparta, then retrain everyone. A pure waste of money.

19. mono1393

mono1393 Member

Dove Commander,

Move to WA, or Oregon, or CA and then you have a right to say the Grand is to far. Quit your belly aching, suck it up, and go a few hundred extra miles to the Grand in Sparta. Be thankful you don't have to travel a couple of thousand miles.

Chris Morris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.