1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Is This A Set-up

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Sprinklerman, Mar 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sprinklerman

Sprinklerman Member

I am a class 1 FFL holder. Friday while at work I recieved a phone call. This indivual introduced himself(I had never heard of him)then stated that he had 2 guns he needed to have shipped and wonder if I would do the thransfers. He went on to state that he had travel through New York state and not knowing about the state requirement for permits had his guns confistated by authorities.He then told me that everything had been settled and he needed someone to transfer his gun back to him. I told him that I could do that if he could pas a NICS check and was a resident of Nebraska. He said he could pass the NICS but did not live in Nebraska.I then told him he should contact a FFL holder in his own state for the transfer,as I would could not transfer to him out of state. He thanked me and hung up. Is this the ATF checking up on me? Mark

2. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

I think that they are a little more direct. They would just show up at your door. But stranger things have happened. John

3. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

More likely anti-gunners trying to gather information for a report. Just my .02. The Batf is about as subtle as well... The BATF. Jeff

4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The way things are today anything is possible, but not likely ... If the good folks at BATF wanted to catch you at anything "Illegal" they have better ways than what you describe ... (Remember the compound in Waco ..?) ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

5. antidote

antidote TS Member

Sounds legit. I helped a guy out the other day that got caught with a pistol in the wrong state.

6. lumper

lumper TS Member

I think ... uh oh ... ya better look outside and I mean right now.

Do you have a black helicopter hovering in super silent whisper quite stealth mode a hundred yards or so away pointing microphones and camera lenses at you and monitoring your every move like I do.

I think this is a subject that we should not discuss in public or the paranoid police will be knocking on our doors. They have me so nervous now I am afraid to go to the store to get fresh tinfoil for my hat.

Yep it was the feds checkin up on ya ... yep the feds I tell ya the feds were trying to catch ya.

Ya know just the mention of NY State and the whole Joyce bullshit thread I wouldnt honestly be surprised if it wasnt somebody you know from TS.com playing a game with you because they know your gullible and would run to TS.com and post about it ... heck you might even be trolling yourself but I honestly think it was the feds.

Oh good ... the helicopter has left for a few moments so I gots to go right now and get out and get me some more tin foil for a thicker hat so they cant steal my brain waves .......

7. Edward Turner

Edward Turner TS Member

Lumper,

You've obviously never had an FFL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.