1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Is this a scam?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JPSmall, Apr 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JPSmall

JPSmall Member

I frequently drool over guns listed on gunbroker and gunsamerica. I recently started looking on armslist as well. I noticed this morning a gun (with pictures) that was listed on arms list 2x but from different locations (alaska and alabama) with different prices. The gun was posted for sale about a month a part. I then went on gunbroker and the same gun was also listed at a much higher prices from Maine. Seems fishy to me.

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Give it time... Will show up here

3. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

LOL... that was a good one!

4. PatMiles

PatMiles Well-Known Member

Ask the seller(s) for a different pic of the gun and then also a pic of the serial number on the gun. Not fool proof but scammers will not be able to provide the photo.
    Thanks for the idea Dave!

Pat

5. Dicksie

Dicksie Member

I see the same thing happen frequently with horse trailers and they are scams. They have even offered to sell me one, using an escrow service, promising that , since they are in the Air Force they will have it shipped to me on an Air Force Cargo Plane.
    Dicksie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.