1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Is this a scam or what?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by dolphin77, Jan 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dolphin77

dolphin77 Member

Every once in a while I will get a response from the UK about a item I am looking to buy or sell...the wording of the response leads me to believe it is a scam so I delete at once...anyone else getting these.....WC

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

dont even open anything from the UK. It will be a scam or virus

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I've got similar emails in the past. They get your info from searches you have done and try and use it to get you. As CC2000 said, delete 'em instantly without opening. Wouldn't want to buy something from that far away anyway.

Matt

4. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Gotten 2 UK's answers on my last posts looking for items. Didn't get any response when I asked for pictures of Items.

My computer did detect 2 treats and disposed of them.

5. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

It would be nice to have a "CALL IN AN AIRSTRIKE" button to deal with scammers, wouldn't it.....methinks the number of them would drop dramatically!!1

6. frostyman

frostyman Well-Known Member

My daughter had a Horse for sale on the internet and we received about 20+ emails from all over the world. Almost ALL of them looked like a form letter and you filled in the item. They read something like this:

I am interested in buying your (insert item)

or

I am interested in buying your (horse)

or

I am interested in buying your (car)

The idiots sometimes did not even change the word from CAR to Horse or take off the ( ).

7. Trapshooter1

Trapshooter1 Member

I recieved a good one today by e-mail.

OFFICE OF THE ATTORNEY GENERAL441 4th Street NW, Suite 1145SWashington, DC 20001

Attention: Sir, We have received instruction from the Police Department ,Home land Security and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) here in the United States of America to prosecute you over allegations of money laundering and terrorist ($10m usd) related activities to which there is over whelming evidence of your involvement. Note a copy of this email have been forwarded to the UNITED STATE OF AMERICA POLICE/AUTHORITIES and will be ordered for your immediate arrest.

The need for your urgent prosecution arose from your inability to secure the mandatory Clearance Certificate from the Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Nigeria inspite of several opportunities given to you by the Police Department,Home land Security and FBI. Inview of the indicting report submitted to the Police Department ,Home land Security and FBI by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), the Police Department ,Home land Security and FBI has recommended for your immediate prosecution. You have to obtain the required Certificate from EFCC- DIRECTOR, DR. FRANK WILLIAMS.CONTACT HIM ON THIS EMAIL ADDRESS : drfrankwl@gmail.com and the Cost of the Certificate is $170.00 only

We are giving you notice of service of writ of summons after seven days of receiving this letter by mail. If after the seven days and you are not able to obtain the Certificate to clear yourself before the Police Department ,Home land Security and FBI, Legal prosecution will begin immediately. Justice delayed is justice denied.

Your's faithfully,Attorney GeneralEric Holder

8. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Yeah, I got one from the UK. Surprisingly, the person knew something about the product...but no pictures, no details, no nothing...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.