1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

IS THIS A PROBLEM FOR SELLERS AT GUN SHOWS???

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by senior smoke, Nov 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

HELLO
    i attend gun shows in my area. a while back one seller who rented a table got into a shouting match with the person responsible for the gun show, as well as a person who paid his entry fee to attend the show. a man walked in with a shotgun (a remington 3200 trap), he had a 4 sale sign on the gun case, but before he could reach the area where the sellers were, a paying customer purchased the gun for $600.00. the guy who paid for his table got very upset because he said these guys come in, don't pay for a table and purchase guns before the guys at the gun tables even get a chance to make a bid on a gun. do you feel this man has a legitimate gripe?
    steve balistreri

2. Remo

Remo TS Member

Remember:

Early bird gets the worm. So what is the difference if the gun is sold at the first table or to someone else walking around.

3. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Biggest show in the Pittsburgh area is advertised as ,Buy-Sell-Trade. If it's advertised that way I don't see a problem. The notification of the sale goes out to all the members of the organization as above( B-S-T)So the promoter of the show seems to be encouraging this.

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

They can always stand by the door instead of investing in a table. then they would gripe about the table guys stealing their deals.

HM

5. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

A few years back, I seen the same thing happen at the local Mom n' Pop shop in town here. The guy who owned the place (I'll call him George) was waiting on a fellow that was kicking tires and this other guy walked in with a Model 12 and waited for the tire kicker to finish up annoying everyone. Along walks another customer who asked the guy "whatcha got there"...then the man told him "a model 12".....well then there was a "watcha want fur it"....then there was a "I need $300"...then there was "I'LL BUY IT".

George had a temper tantrum and told the guy to get the "F" out of his store and "DON'T EVER COME BACK!!!!"

Twas some scene.

Tron

6. Diamond Grade

Diamond Grade TS Member

Sounds like a personal problem.

7. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

I did not read the posts here. There are some greedy people in this world and you will find them every where. I have met them at gun shows from time to time. I have a rule that I do not brake ever. If a person is walking around and not talking to someone about the gun he is carrying then you may talk to him or ask about the gun. If he is talking to someone at a table or someone else who is walking around then you do not talk to that person till they finish talking. I have and do ask the person who was asking about the gun ARE YOU FINISH? I DON"T WANT TO BUT IN AND THAT IS WHY I'M ASKING. Everyone that I have asked respects that. I did how ever have a problem with a guy who thought only he had first rights to anyone who was walking around with a gun for sale. He pissed off enough people at the shows that the people who had the shows black listed him from ever returning. No one misses that AH.

8. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

I get very upset at gun shows. Nobody seems to want to buy my needlework!

9. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Tron buying a gun from a customer in side of his shop is very bad form .

10. BustClays

BustClays Member

So now the guy has $600 he can spend on somebody else's gun. What goes around comes around. Happens all the time. I have never, and I do mean never, had any dealer upset with me for trying to sell a personal gun at a gun show. Most are at the very least politely interested and some are actually willing to try to strike a bargain, usually by a trade rather than cash purchase. They might get more than a little PO'd if you tried to buy one out from under them while they ere negotiating at their own table with a seller, butI can't imagine that any of us would ever do that.

bustclays

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

11. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

HELLO
    i attend gun shows in my area. a while back one seller who rented a table got into a shouting match with the person responsible for the gun show, as well as a person who paid his entry fee to attend the show. a man walked in with a shotgun (a remington 3200 trap), he had a 4 sale sign on the gun case, but before he could reach the area where the sellers were, a paying customer purchased the gun for $600.00. the guy who paid for his table got very upset because he said these guys come in, don't pay for a table and purchase guns before the guys at the gun tables even get a chance to make a bid on a gun. do you feel this man has a legitimate gripe?
    steve balistreri

12. Remo

Remo TS Member

Remember:

Early bird gets the worm. So what is the difference if the gun is sold at the first table or to someone else walking around.

13. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Biggest show in the Pittsburgh area is advertised as ,Buy-Sell-Trade. If it's advertised that way I don't see a problem. The notification of the sale goes out to all the members of the organization as above( B-S-T)So the promoter of the show seems to be encouraging this.

14. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

They can always stand by the door instead of investing in a table. then they would gripe about the table guys stealing their deals.

HM

15. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

A few years back, I seen the same thing happen at the local Mom n' Pop shop in town here. The guy who owned the place (I'll call him George) was waiting on a fellow that was kicking tires and this other guy walked in with a Model 12 and waited for the tire kicker to finish up annoying everyone. Along walks another customer who asked the guy "whatcha got there"...then the man told him "a model 12".....well then there was a "watcha want fur it"....then there was a "I need $300"...then there was "I'LL BUY IT".

George had a temper tantrum and told the guy to get the "F" out of his store and "DON'T EVER COME BACK!!!!"

Twas some scene.

Tron

16. Diamond Grade

Diamond Grade TS Member

Sounds like a personal problem.

17. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

I did not read the posts here. There are some greedy people in this world and you will find them every where. I have met them at gun shows from time to time. I have a rule that I do not brake ever. If a person is walking around and not talking to someone about the gun he is carrying then you may talk to him or ask about the gun. If he is talking to someone at a table or someone else who is walking around then you do not talk to that person till they finish talking. I have and do ask the person who was asking about the gun ARE YOU FINISH? I DON"T WANT TO BUT IN AND THAT IS WHY I'M ASKING. Everyone that I have asked respects that. I did how ever have a problem with a guy who thought only he had first rights to anyone who was walking around with a gun for sale. He pissed off enough people at the shows that the people who had the shows black listed him from ever returning. No one misses that AH.

18. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

I get very upset at gun shows. Nobody seems to want to buy my needlework!

19. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Tron buying a gun from a customer in side of his shop is very bad form .

20. BustClays

BustClays Member

So now the guy has $600 he can spend on somebody else's gun. What goes around comes around. Happens all the time. I have never, and I do mean never, had any dealer upset with me for trying to sell a personal gun at a gun show. Most are at the very least politely interested and some are actually willing to try to strike a bargain, usually by a trade rather than cash purchase. They might get more than a little PO'd if you tried to buy one out from under them while they ere negotiating at their own table with a seller, butI can't imagine that any of us would ever do that.

bustclays

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.