1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Is this a good starting point?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Rollin Oswald, Jun 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

Michael;

Raising the comb 1/16" isn't enough to affect comfort. Something else must have changed as well.

I'll open the discussion by asking if you shot patterns using a bench rest or did you shoot offhand?

What was the POI before you raised the comb or why did you mention raising it?

Were you seeking information on pattern spread, POI, how to shoot targets or what?

More meaningful patterns for trap shooting will be shot at 32-34 yards, the distance at which targets are frequently broken. The POI is more easily found shooting from 13 yards using Neil Winston's methodology.

Rollin

2. Harold

Harold TS Member

You shouldn't expect much difference between an improved modified and a light full. They are practically the same thing. Three shots each is not enough to tell much about your pattern density.

When you moved the comb up, did you see more rib between your beads or did you scrunch your face down tighter to get the same figure 8 pattern? If you did the latter your POI would not change. This should almost go without saying, but there are some people who do make the mistake.

3. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Harold, I made the mistake you speak of. Until I got my XT never had a shotgun with two beads or adjustable comb. I was going crazy, then i found TS.com and lot of good help. <center>
    [​IMG]<br><br>
    [​IMG]<br><br>
    </center>
    Heres a few pics of pattern change after raising the comb

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.