1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Is this a good buy on a bt99?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Mr Newbius©, Jun 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Factory adjustable comb from Browning sucks ... remember that, they like to loosen up and are hard to keep tight and in place.

2. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

I just bought a BT-99 last year for $925 and it had probably 6-7,000 rounds through it, so I would say it's not a bad deal. As for the factory adjustable comb, mine has one, and after putting 2,000 rounds through it, it hasn't moved a bit. Though I did go to the hardware store and bought 2 plastic bushings and put them between the comb and the stock, and it seems to work pretty good. I will say that the way they adjust though is kind of "cheesey" as you have to modify your recoil pad if you put a new one on. Hope this helps, Josh.

3. junior winner

junior winner TS Member

its up to you if you want to put up that much money if it was me i wouldnt because theres not anything special about it and it looks older then what it is get on brownings website and find the serial number thing that tells you how old it is mt in the serial number is 2006 for example.

4. junior winner

junior winner TS Member

http://www.browning.com/customerservice/dategun/index.asp

i am an xt guy myself but if you like the looks of the bt'stry to find you a bt-100 stainless they were only made for 2 yrs. and they are just the cats ass of bt's there are 2 girls that shoot them on the team im on.

5. junior winner

junior winner TS Member

some one just posted a bt99max stainless for sale on the forums looks clean i know its a good gun lasts a long time.

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

R44u77 - contact me if interested - 1986 BT99 that is as pristine and mint as you will find. probably fired very very little as it is still tight and fresh. 34" Invector chokes, nice Browning luggage case, no alterations to barrel or stock. It is a beautydark wood, high gloss, . $1050 with case - photos can be sent

7. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

8. shaw

shaw TS Member

I purchased new BT99 last month from Gander Mountain, has been shot less than 1000 rnds, 34" barrell, good wood, with box. Will sell for $985.00 plus shipping and insurance to your ffl. I can send pics or call me 806-236-2220. Thanks Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.