1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Is there Trapshooting in Houston Tx

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by vpsr6, Oct 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vpsr6

vpsr6 Member

I will be taking a trip down to Texax in a couple of weeks and was wondering if there any clubs that I could go shoot at. I am not familiar at all with the area but I will be by Interstate 45 in Houston. I will bring my gun and ammo if someone can tell me there will be a place to shoot.

thanks
    Vic

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Check the map, Victoria has a good club

3. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

Which part of Houston are you going to be in? Metro gun club is in south part of metroplex and there is another in the northern part of city. check on ata web site for texas locations via texas trap association

Bob

4. awbenz

awbenz TS Member

Metro is in Angleton Tx south of Houston. Very nice club.

5. jbbor

jbbor Active Member

6. 4th. down

4th. down Active Member

Vic, check out the following:

http://www.amshootcenters.com/index.php?page_id=1

American Shooting Center in Houston (S'West)off of Westheimer Rd. ATA, Wobble, 5 Stand, Sporting, and yes, Skeet. Open to the public Wed.-Sun.

7. vpsr6

vpsr6 Member

Thanks for the info guys

8. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Metro is run by folks who know about everything there is to know about trapshooting. If you have any problems there, just look for the bearded guy with mustard on his shirt. Ha Ha.

9. Mike Hessong* (MH*)

Mike Hessong* (MH*) Active Member

cubancigar2000,

Thanks for the help in promoting our little club down here in Victoria, TX. Also thanks again, for posting the pictures of our club in a thread quite a while ago.

For someone new to the area, I will have to agree with awbenz and texaszephyr on the Metro Gun Club down in Angleton. What a great place to shoot some targets, not that I don't think we aren't a nice place as well, but Victoria is about 125 miles south west of Houston on Highway 59 (a little past half way down toward Corpus Christi). If vpsr6 does make it down this far south and would be interested in shooting at our club, please contact me at e-mail address listed above or thru a phone contact found on our website.

I like shooting at Metro, just wished I had more chances to get up there to shoot with them. Some of the nicest folks as well as one of the nicest places to shoot trap in this part of the state.

Mike Hessong* (MH*)

President- Victoria (Texas) Skeet and Trap Club

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.