1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Is there an interest in stock weights?

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by joe kuhn, Apr 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Is there an interest in stock weights like the one shown below? The copper cap is not included. It was used to prevent the lead from leaking out during the pour. The weight shown below is 1 inch in diameter and 3.25" long.

I could make 3/4, 7/8 or 1 inch diameter weights of different lengths. My standard stocks would all take the 7/8" diameter weight of about 4 inches in length. I'm thinking $25 plus shipping for a 7/8 by 4 incher.

Anybody interested?

[​IMG]

2. joe kuhn

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Brownells has the only comparable fixed weight I could find. It's for an AR15. See the link above. It's priced at $27.99.

With mine, you'll need a hacksaw to make it fit the stock bolt hole at the butt pad, and a short piece of hose to keep the lead from conforming around the bolt as you shoot. I could look into including a short piece of hose. That old leaky garden hose in the shed might come in handy here.

I couldn't find anything online that approached what I needed, so I thought I would check to see if there's any interest.

Thanks, Joe

3. ABH

ABH Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

These are exactly what I use in my stocks. They work as well or even better than mercury weights. I wrap electrical tape around the out side of the pipe for a snug fit in the stock bolt hole. I also put in a 1/4 x 20 steel drop-in anchor in the lead at one end. This allows you to screw in a 1/4" bolt in the pipe and pull the weight out of the stock if needed.

ART H.

4. joe kuhn

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Good ideas Art. I could include a piece of hose for the bolt end, a garden hose washer for the pad end and drill a hole in the one end for a long dry wall screw that would be included for easy removal. I'm thinking red rubberized paint to finish it off. Wouldn't want to scratch your gun if you drop it.

5. Dean Scott

Dean Scott Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Great idea, would be helpful to know the weight in ounces each size would be.
    Good luck

6. sprtgclays

sprtgclays TS Member

0   0   0

For those interested, I used a rolls of pennies and adjusted the weight by adding or substracting pennies from the sleeve. I used electrical tape to make the rolls fit the bolt hole.

7. kgun_shooter

kgun_shooter Member

0   0   0

You can also fill the stock bolt hole will shot, this works very well also. Just put a piece of tape over the hole after you fill it with shot.

8. joe kuhn

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

The stock weight shown in the picture is 1 inch in diameter, 3.25" long and weighs 1.4 pounds. Will do another size soon.

Plumbers have 'couplings' used to join two pieces of the same sized pipe. Bought one tonight because a 7/8" pipe is just too loose in one of my bolt holes. One inch pipe is too big, but a 7/8" coupling is perfect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.