1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Is there an AyA expert in the house?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by goatskin, Jun 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

I have been offered an AyA 106 for ± reasonable money, which, according to the old (USA) specs does not exist.

Per spec, it was made between the 50s and 1985, and was an entry-level boxlock field gun: case colored, double triggers, full grip, 20-16-12bore, 26 & 28" bbls.

This one is 30" bbls with sideclips and (presumably) 3" chambers. It is in Oz, and I have no idea if there were different models (with the same call name/number) for the American and Other Export market.

Does anybody have any thoughts?

Bob

2. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

2, 16, or 20 ga., English-style boxlock, DT, pistol grip, 28 in. barrels. Disc. 1985.

Grading 100% 98% 95% 90% 80% 70% 60%

$550 $480 $415 $375 $305 $250 $195
    Last MSR was $585.
    Add 20% for 16 or 20 ga.

Here is 31st Blue Book for single set of barrels...

3. billyboy07208

billyboy07208 Member

Im no xpert, but I would stay away from spanish guns that old,I would not consider anything less than the 4/53 model,or the union armera [pre grulla],but thats me,it may be a good old gun- but why take the chance on that- and whats it worth 1k?-and then import fees?
    youll be in it for 2k,plenty of guns out there ,keep searching.

4. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

Some years ago a friend bought a model 20 or 25 SXS. (new)

Very nice gun, both metal and wood work. Very good price if I recall.

Problem was, both barrels didn't shoot the same.

The late Ken Eyster got it to shoot much better, but the owner didn't keep it for long.

Regards....Gerald

5. semperfi909

semperfi909 Well-Known Member

ask around at doublegunshop.com there are a bunch of AyA people there

6. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

Thanks, all.

Gerald, yep, you gotta love a gun that shoots low-right and high-left, ESPECIALLY when the 'wrong' barrels shoot cockhanded.

The AyA is a small-$ option in a bulk buy of 10+, and what interested me was: first it is minty and second, the potential usefulness of it as a ricefield gun that can be cleaned up with a waterhose and can of LPS1.

Billyboy, I'm familiar with the soft-steel issues of the older Eibar guns (and we agree on the old UA), but that is not a big deal to (re-)carburize & harden the wear parts, esp as you usually need to re-cut the internals to get a decent trigger, anyhow. I play with old guns, and I've done it a hunnert times.

Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.