1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Is there a shoot in Hopkinsville Sunday?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by famill00, Mar 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. famill00

famill00 TS Member

Are they shooting in Hoptown Sunday? or is it tomorrow?

Thanks,
    Forrest

2. Jim_90-T

Jim_90-T Member

Yes there is a 100 bird race Sunday. Starts at 1:00pm

Jim

3. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Forrest

Im sure a lot have heard of hopkinsville but for the ones out there wondering where it is ok it is in KY and also close to the TN border as you can see below

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

By the way they shoot every Friday and Saturday night shooting 25 bird races most of the time they will have 4 of them from different yardages with a 5 dollar purse per shooter to go in the post if you play it.

The pictures was took on 1 cold sort of foggy night but they have 2 auto traps with voice calls and good flat back ground to shoot from.

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

I think they also shoot practice on thursday evenings also im sure some can confirm it.

Foggy

4. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Foggy,, prolly sum easy pickin too huh? LMAO Hap

5. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Hey HAP:

Did you mean some easy plucking instead because it seems I have been almost Plucked out lately.

Glad the weather is getting warmer because I have been cold ,the temps are suppose to be 63 this week end and nice Sunday.

Come on down from the other side of the big river.

fog

6. famill00

famill00 TS Member

Foggy,
    I will be coming in from the Madisonville on the Pennyrile. Can you please provide some directions? Also, how much are the entry fees down there?

Thanks, Forrest

7. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Foggy ol buddy, will yer head mechanic be there with you? Ifn so, I'd swim the big krick ta join ya! :) Hap

8. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Forrest take the pennyrile to hopkinsville and take hwy 107 to hwy 507 which is Bulter road and go out about 2.5 miles out in the country and you will come up on the Christian Co.Quail Club sign in a small curve on the left and take the Quail Club road which is the right one the left one must be a drive but you will notice the Y but just keep to the right and it will be about 3/4 mile on the right.

I maped quest it and the directions looked like it was coming from the opposite direction to me but just put in {Quail Club road ,Hopkinsville KY} on a map quest or what ever you use and that should get you there.

Ok the way I come is from the west side of hopkinsville so you would be coming from the north of hopkinsville so the directions might be the opposite of the way I come and the map quest is probably right but it just looked strange to me.

I don't know what the entry fees are but im sure they are pretty cheap for the targets.

I remember at another shoot nearby it cost about 50.00 to play it all but they had 3 or 4 different options there.

Foggy

9. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Member

Foggy,

Thanks for the directions. If it hadn't been for you I would still be wandering around the KY backroads looking for a traphouse.

Had a great time. Sure was a nice afternoon but it was a pretty good drive just for this yankee to take beatin' at the hands of your southern brethren.

Thanks to the Hopkinsville gang. You put on a good shoot!

Tumbleweed

10. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Tumbleweed :

Sorry I didn't get to make it I really wanted to but things came up at the last minute and had to stick around.

I heard from a friend that said 98 was high and then a 96 was 2nd I know the guy that broke the 98 and he is just a nice ole country boy that used to shoot a right handed field grade 870 and he is left handed.

I heard he got a Beretta Trap 391 and had a good coach and he really done good last year I think he won about everything he shot at or tied. Also you won't meet a nicer person either.

I plan on making it next Saturday for the registered shoot and might stay for the 25 bird races afterwards just depends on how bad or good im shooting.

Foggy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.