1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Is there a safety on an XT?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by starshot2b, Jul 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

I was asked that this morning and had absolutely no answer. All I can think of is moving the barrel selector to the middle, rather than all the way over to the left or right. Anyone know? TIA.

2. jtf650

jtf650 Member

Yes, there is. James Fawcett

3. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

My XT does have a safty

4. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

Where or how do you set it?

5. C H S

C H S TS Member

Move it back toward the butt pad to expose the "s"...works that way no matter which barrel is set to fire first.

Andy

6. flybyknight

flybyknight Member

The barrel selector switch is also the safety. Move the selector switch towards the butt (down) until the "S" shows. I suggest you read the owners manual. If you don't have one, download it from the Browning web site. Bob K

7. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I think it is basically a requirement to have a working safety- either by law or by facts of life as far as product liability goes

regards from Iowa

Gene

PS-- many guns have a way for the "owner" to lock the safety in the off position but many dont

8. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

Thank you - that's all I wanted to know. Since I only shoot trap and I haven't really used the barrel selector, I have no 'need' to use the safety. I can now answer the question that was posed to me this morning.

9. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

no need for safty?

10. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

Mac - no need to use the safety, however, I didn't say I didn't need to be safe.

11. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Frank--- Didnt know about the BT99 --thanks

I have a custom shop Rem 32 with no safety- but that was a long time ago-- krieghoff converted it to K80 and asked me if I wanted a safety - which would have interupted the engraving on the top latch and I told them no

regards from Iowa

Gene

12. Phil E

Phil E TS Member

The XT has a safety, but mine is never touched. Well, maybe once a year I'll touch it, to select the top barrel first. As a barrel selector the button has some use, but I don't want or need the safety button for trap, skeet or sporting. It stays on "fire," and the gun stays broken open. If I hunted with it I might use the safety, but I doubt it, as I'd rather carry it broken open. I love the BT-99 for its lack of a safety button. Pure clean safe simplicity. Phil E

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.