1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Is there a list of NRA members?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Chris_H, Apr 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris_H

Chris_H Member

Is there a list of everyone who is a member of the NRA or a way to find out if people are members. It's probably private information, but I was curious to if there is something like the ATA website but for the NRA that tells you who is a member and who has paid their dues.

-Chris-

2. RogerNRA

RogerNRA TS Member

Call Hillary, she probably has the list............Roger

3. Chris_H

Chris_H Member

Hopefully she has that list so she knows in advance of the people that she won't get a vote from.

4. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

and exactly what do you want this list for?

5. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

It sounds like a question from the membership chairman of a club that requires NRA membership as a condition of club membership.

Morgan

6. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

The NRA has in fact shared my membership information (including address and phone number) with several other organizations. Something I don't really appreciate. I also find mandatory membership in that organization as a prerequisite to joining another club just a bit too confining. I know...'the NRA is our only hope', just not exactly what I hoped for.

7. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Ask Brainless in Oregon or AJ 1/2 they are both absolute authorities on anything to do with the NRA and any thing to do with membership. They probably have the list you are asking about.

Don

8. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

I receive Friends of the NRA mailings locally and I presume they get the address from National Headquarters.

9. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

The NRA does not provide membership lists to third parties. They will enter into joint marketing arrangements with third parties but the membership list is never out of their control. Their third party agreements have incredibly high penalties if the third party discloses any membership information which the third party may learn as a result of marketing efforts.

10. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    <i>wolfra quote: "The NRA has in fact shared my membership information (including address and phone number) with several other organizations. Something I don't really appreciate. I also find mandatory membership in that organization as a prerequisite to joining another club just a bit too confining. I know...'the NRA is our only hope', just not exactly what I hoped for."</i><br>
    <br>
    The reason many clubs make NRA membership a requirement has less to do with politics than it does with club insurance. Many clubs have insurance through the NRA, and the NRA gives better breaks if most or all of the club members are NRA members. Whether that's fair is debatable. But it is a business decision, and the clubs are private and can be run how the directors and/or membership see fit.<br>
    <br>
    <i>BIGDOPE, quote: "Ask Brainless in Oregon or AJ 1/2 they are both absolute authorities on anything to do with the NRA and any thing to do with membership. They probably have the list you are asking about.</i><br>
    <br>
    Stomped any kittens or pushed any kindergartners lately?

11. Chris_H

Chris_H Member

That's what I figured that you can't get it unless you know the right people and or have enough money. Yes it is for club memberships I was just trying to make it easier on the club.

Thanks guys I figured you would have an answer

-Chris-

12. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Chris-H How would it make it easier on your club by knowing how many members are NRA? Just asking.

13. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

While the NRA may not be everything to all of us, who else is doing anything politically to help us. NO ONE! Certainly not any of the shooting diciplines that we pay into, or any of the conservation groups that most of us support.
    Good health and good shooting, Bob

14. Haskins Bill

Haskins Bill TS Member

We encourage membership in the NRA at our club for two main reasons. One as stated above they are about the only ones looking out for our interests along with the Second Amendment Foundation. We also use their insurance, we were dropped by commercial insurance becasue we have a club liquor license and have shooting sports on the property. Not at the same time, before someone takes off on that point. Very strict rules regarding firearms and alcohol, it just is not allowed to happen, period. The treasurer checks/asks for membership proof during dues paying period and when new members join. We get the NRA insurance for having a high percentage of members signed up. No big deal if someone absolutely refuses to join the NRA. We have enough concerned members to more than make the minimum percentage. Bill

15. Chris_H

Chris_H Member

Currently you have to bring an address label off one of your magazines if you didn't pay for your membership through the club. If we had a list it would be much easier. Not really a list but a way to type in their name like the ATA website and see that they paid their dues for the current year.

16. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Brainless; Are you the kitten or the kindergardener?? You are such a whit.

Don

17. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Brian--

Just "Let it Go" Let it go. Democrat thing they can't help it. Let it go.

Rock

Jim

18. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I would imagine that if you had enough money or the right contacts you could get one ... One or the other usually opens lots of unopened doors, Good Luck ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

list of nra members

nra members list