1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

is there a difference between 20 gauge chokes?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by g7777777, Oct 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

20 gauge- invector v. invector plus? other than length? does anyone have both that can compare?

12 gauge are totally different but looking at the 20 guage ones in a store- they look like other than length they are the same?

regards from Iowa

Gene

2. shrek

shrek Active Member

Hi Gene;

According to the specs the plain invector barrels are supposed to be .620 bore and the invector plus are supposed to be .630 bore, and as such the chokes should be in accordance with the bore they are measured.

Also I have noticed that different companies have much different amounts of contriction per designated choke name in 20 gauge than what I have seen with 12 gauge.

3. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

shrek,

That's because it is a percentage based on bore diameter.

ss

4. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Gene, shrek is correct about the overbored barrels having the invector plus chokes over the 20 ga. standard invector barrels from browning. I'm not sure about all the differences in the chokes themselves he was referring too. From what I have heard, (not seen) They are threaded differently so that you can not install the plus in the standard and visa versa. Break-em all. Jeff

5. shrek

shrek Active Member

What I am referring to regarding differences in choke constrictions is that some aftermarket companies make their 20 guage chokes in the same .005 increments as their 12 guage choke tubes and others make them in .003 and or .004 increments.

In other words they vary a lot more from maker to maker than 12 gauge ones seem to between makers.

Ultimately it is what the pattern board tells us.

6. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

This was a good question, and a good answer. Thank you gentlemen for this info. I have a 20 gauge Citori that is invector plus choked. I have wondered about the differance in the 20 gauge choke tubes. Not to be off topic, but what brand choke tubes would you gentlemen recommend for my Citori?

Have a good evening, Rodbuster.

7. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

20 Gauge Invector Plus Dimensions:

Full - .602
    IM - .606
    M - .617
    IC - .621
    Sk - .624
    Cy - .627
    Bore - .630

20 Gauge Invector Diminsions: