1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Is there a better shell Than Remingtons STS?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bodybuilder, Jul 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

I started using these and now 25's are common. A little expensive but worth the cost.

2. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

Good shell, if you reload, or sell the hulls. From 16 yards, it really doesn't matter, unless you are convinced it matters. My latest 25 stright was with my reloads, and reclaimed shot. Mark

3. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I stick with AA's since Remington makes no effort at all to sell STS shells in Western Canada for a reasonable price.

4. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Federal makes the best shell. $20 rebate too!!

5. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

Fwiw there isn't a Nickels difference in any of the premium shelves except for perhaps a federal smells so nice after you fire them

6. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

I gotta go with the Win. AA's as well. They also are offering the 2 dollar a box rebate. STS's are not offering a rebate this year, and were very slow to say the least, in getting checks out to people last year. Now that said, there is a difference between Win. AA, Rem. STS, Fed. Gold Metal, and all the economy shells. This is why many shooters reload!!! They save 50% on the cost of these premium shells, but do not give up any quality!!! You do have to give up a little of your time though. I do agree with you that its worth shooting the best at all times, and that's why I reload with the best shot/wad. Good Luck and break em all Jeff

7. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Nitro 27's (gold) are the best shell on the market, STS is the same hull but a different color ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

8. John55

John55 Active Member

Save 50% on the cost vs premium shells? I don't know what you are paying for components but with what I have to pay there is very little cost difference, given the rebates that Federal and WW are paying out. I won't bother with reloading for the difference, which for me amounts to $.40 per box.

9. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

WPT above is right! +1 for Remington Nitros and STS. Best Regards, Ed

10. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

For me (I'm a re-loader) STSs & FEDs. even Gun Clubs load the longest--Feds. usually call for an extra gr. or so of powder. As far as new are concerned STSs are easier to sell once fired if you don't re-load. Can't say I could tell any difference in performance in new shells. Don't shoot too many new as I'm satisfied with my re-loads. Also don't shoot any AAs had too many duds. Ross Puls

11. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

I agree the Nitro 27 and Nitro Sporting are the best, but I'm not sure they are the same hull as an STS. I get a lot more reloads with the Nitro's than I do with the STS. JMO

Wayne

12. Rufus80

Rufus80 TS Member

STS /NITRO is the best out there. Just bought some more once fired hulls over the weekend. Probably paid to much but they are getting harder to find due to Remington not offering rebates. Also a lot of people have switched over to RIO's.

13. John55

John55 Active Member

Nitro 27s are the same hull as the green STS, just a different color. When I load I can't tell any difference.

14. SMOKEIT

SMOKEIT Well-Known Member

A different color can affect the physical qualities of the plastic....SMOKIT

15. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Well, my last 25 straight as well as my last 50 straight which was last Friday were made with reloads, and homemade #8 shot. A lot cheaper than STS's, I might add.

16. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

Digweed must have the best shells. You can't break a clay at 130 yards with a nitro 27?

17. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I shoot AA's for singles and 'caps because my Ljutic doesn't like anything else.

18. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

All the main Brands are good ammo,however, for reloading the STS just can't be beat!

19. chipking

chipking TS Member

I have not shot more than 100 factory shells in competition in any of the last 4 years. My reloads are on the Remington hulls but I am seriously considering finishing out what components I have left and selling the loader. If I do then I will probably shoot Federals.

--- Chip King ---

20. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Federal ribbed hulls are the best kept secret!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.