1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Is the Indiana Gun Club Closing?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by IndyShotgun, Jul 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IndyShotgun

IndyShotgun TS Member

In another thread, someone named "BIGDON" said:

"If you are trying to promote Indy forget it, you basically don't even have a gun club that is going to be there in the future."

BIGDON said he was at our state shoot, this weekend. Did he get some information about our state home grounds over the weekend?

Is the Indiana Gun Club closing? Is it being relocated? When is it scheduled to close? Does this BIGDON know the people who make decisions, or is this just parking lot rumor?

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Probably bigdon spouting off after his steller shooting exhibition at the Indiana State Shoot.

ss

3. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

I was at the ITA meeting Friday night, Big Don wasn't there. No it is not closing and no we are not moving for at least a year or more. Relocation is still being discussed but money is an issue.

4. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Read boys and girls. I said "future". It has been a well known fact that ITA was and is going to have to find a new home. They are and have been working on it.

Don

5. IndyShotgun

IndyShotgun TS Member

Moving it would be a HUGE, HUGE, HUGE mistake. You won't find anything closer to downtown Indy, and if you move it away from Indy metro, you'll have an Indiana version of Sparta. Nice to look at, but nobody will use it.

Under Indiana law, IGC is completely protected from any complaining the adjacent mansions might do, so there's no legal pressure to find another facility.

IGC is a great facility in a great location that is well positioned to bring in new shooters.

Don't change success.

RJstuart says that a Donald Hoffman of Hillsdale, MI won NON RESIDENT SR. VETERAN WINNER. If that's him, I don't know why he'd be running down a facility at which he won his class.

ITA does not have to find a new home, Don. There is no reason they need to leave the home grounds, unless it's to cash in on a very fat pay day because of land value.

Moving though would be short-sighted, as the new location would be nowhere near as used as the current location, so a move would be the end of this very good run.

It won't get better than IGC for the ITA. They need to stay put and not get starry-eyed over what a developer throws at them.

If you have proof they need to move, I'd like to see it, so we can do something about it. We have a very pro-gun legislature in Indiana.

6. IndyShotgun

IndyShotgun TS Member

RJstuart says that a Donald Hoffman of Hillsdale, MI won NON RESIDENT SR. VETERAN WINNER. If that's him, I don't know why he'd be running down a facility at which he won his class.

7. IndyShotgun

IndyShotgun TS Member

ITA does not have to find a new home, Don. There is no reason they need to leave the home grounds, unless it's to cash in on a very fat pay day because of land value.

Moving though would be short-sighted, as the new location would be nowhere near as used as the current location, so a move would be the end of this very good run.

It won't get better than IGC for the ITA. They need to stay put and not get starry-eyed over what a developer throws at them.

If you have proof they need to move, I'd like to see it, so we can do something about it. We have a very pro-gun legislature in Indiana.

8. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

If it wasn't for the housing downturn they would already have probably been forced out. Recessions have some good qualities.

The club has losted traps over the years and the shoot is a lot smaller than 20 years ago. Nobody really wants to move, but there is a thing called property tax. The way I understand it is the rent from the club justs pays the tax. Hopefully the Indiana Gun Club stays healthy, and profitable enough to pay the taxes.

9. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Indy you speak but know not of what you say. You had better go get educated on the subject before you make any more dumb statements. Don't second guess who I am or what I say. At no time did I ever run down the club, get all your info straight as you made so many errors in your post I will not take the time to correct them. Do yourself a favor and get your facts straight.

When speaking of the club's move I stated nothing that is not common knowledge but which is obviously not known to you.

If you want to do something about it I suggest you get involved somewhere other than here. Do you belong to a member gun club?? Do you know who your delegate is, both local and state?? If you are so interested in facts go someplace where you can get the RIGHT answers and TS is not it.

I see you put this guy's name out there in cyberspace but won't put your own, how CS.

Don

10. IndyShotgun

IndyShotgun TS Member

"Indy you speak but know not of what you say."

So tell us. When is the Indiana Gun Club closing? Who has ordered the closing? Where is it moving? How much do they expect to make on the sale?

11. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

What did your delegate tell you when you ask him? And again I ask "who is us"?

12. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Indy--Just like your posts to me on other threads, you have attempted to put words in other's mouths. I don't recall Don saying anything other than they will be moving in the future which he stated was common knowledge. Won't be such a Grand location then. ehhh?

You are the one that is the Indy expert so answer those questions to Don yourself. We are listening.

13. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

Up for a good laugh

14. IndyShotgun

IndyShotgun TS Member

So, grin, you're saying that the new location will be worse than the current location? You've seen the new location? You take delight in a new club being worse than the old one?

And if this knowledge is so common, give us all the details.

You've got a real destructive hate for every facility outside of Sparta.

15. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Does Indiana Gun Club own their land or lease it?

16. missed some

missed some TS Member

hahaha does this shit never end! too funny

17. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Indy--I said nothing about any other facilities. Another prime example of you putting words in someone elses mouth. As for the "common knowledge" statement, i said and i quote "he stated was common knowledge" from my previous thread referring to BIGDONS statement. I think you have a serious reading disorder you need checked out. As for comparing the new Sparta facility to the old one, there is no old one. Its an Airport. Have a good one. Need to call your delegate soon.

18. IndyShotgun

IndyShotgun TS Member

Grin, do you not see what you write?

"Won't be such a Grand location then. ehhh?"

Are you going to pretend this has some other meaning?

"I don't recall Don saying anything other than they will be moving in the future which he stated was common knowledge. Won't be such a Grand location then. ehhh?

You are the one that is the Indy expert so answer those questions to Don yourself."

So Don is making stuff up, but you assert that what he's making up in Michigan is common knowledge that should be known across the Indy trap community?

Grin, is there an elephant under your bed? No? You're the expert on your house, so tell me where the elephant is.

19. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

Indy,

You post your questions here.. Why would you not just contact one of the board members or your delegate and get "FACTS" Not second hand information??

Indiana Gun Club is a great place to shoot and if all goes right I'll be back next year to join in the fun. The fact of moving the home ground is not new news.. that was being discussed before I moved back in 95.

You want it to stay put.. well tell us how they can expand it to make the shoot bigger ?? How can they offer more to the shooters of IN if the don't have the ground?? The club can only expand if they have room to do so.. how about enough ground for a Sporting Clays corse.. 5 Stand.. rifle and pistol range ?? All of these would bring in more money .. money to keep the Indiana shooters home ground a positive venture for years to come.

As stated above.. you need to get more information and see the big picture.. not just come on TS.com with nothing more then pot stiring

20. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Persistent problem with gun clubs. Move away from the people so you can offer "more". But nobody comes because it is too far away.

Kind of like skiing. The snow that makes for great skiing keeps you from getting to the ski areas.

So who owns the land?

And who wants to move if they don't have to, and why do they want to move.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

indiana gun club who owns the land