1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Is the Grand OK for new shooters?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by brent375hh, Nov 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brent375hh

brent375hh TS Member

I fully realize that I am asking questions with a wide range of variables, but here goes:

Are there many C class shooters at the Grand?

Also, try as I might, I can not find any information on how much it costs to shoot the program. If a guy just wants to go and have fun and just enters the basic fees, how much does it cost per most 100 target events?

How much cash and ammo does the average guy or gal go through in a week?

I know it is hard to define "average", but some of you have to have a rough idea.

Thanks

2. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

It's an especially good place for the new shooters. What other world championship can you compete, head-to-head with the world's best. Electric.

3. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Fees run about the same as most of the larger shoots, $28-30 per hundred tgts. Yes go! My waife was runner up in D singles this year. Never know when you will shoot good. Jake

4. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

You get to watch the best shoot.. Even if you don't shoot a shot.. armed with a good notebook.. and maybe a camera..you'll take home more than you bargained for.. If you don't.. you need one on one lessons..

5. awbenz

awbenz TS Member

If you are going to win don't be disappointed if you don't. You can win C Class with a 199 maybe. Just Go and have fun. Visit the venders and check out whats new and look at the stuff you have heard about. If your gun needs an cheakup the best gunsmiths are there. If you enjoy trapshooting you will love the grand. Don't forget to watch the shootoffs. I like to watch Leo smoke targets. Allen

6. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

Brent...if you get the chance you should definately go. The largest shooting facility in the world and you get to walk around and check it out AND shoot in any event if you want!! Please...check it out if you get the chance.......Uncle Sam, Pa.

7. phirel

phirel TS Member

Class C was won with a 197 this year, a score of 196 won a class C trophy. The score of 199 was good enough to win a place trophy in class A.

Pat Ireland

8. awbenz

awbenz TS Member

Pat; I am sorry I made such a big mistake. ( maybe I ment to make a point?) Allen

9. matttrapn

matttrapn Active Member

You bet a new shooter should go the the Grand!!!

Go for a single day, or shoot the whole program from start to finish. Doesnt matter, just go and have fun. You will be pleased to know, most of the "big-name" shooters are happy to speak with "all the rest of us".

See ya' there,

Matt Nicol

10. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Go , you will never regret it.

Don

11. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

Win or loose it will be the best experience you can have.

You will want to improve your game after watching the quality of the shooters and browsing the vendors.

GO, SHOOT, ENJOY!

SW

12. JRW

JRW Member

Are you camping, staying in motel? These expenses can vary. Will you be using reloads or factory shells? Like the guys above say you will like the Grand. If money is tight stay a couple days shoot a few targets get your feet wet. Jerry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.