1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Is the G squared worth rhe money??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jornski, Nov 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jornski

Jornski TS Member

setting up guns for my 13 and 14 year old daughter? Thanks John

2. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

The G Squared is far and away the best system. Your problem may be in how short a stock can be with the system, and whether it's worth putting the money into a stock she'll likely outgrow.

3. CannonCocker

CannonCocker TS Member

It is the lightest weight of all the recoil reduction systems and that might be important for a teenager, it works with Beretta automatics (I have one on a 390), and the amount of recoil reduction is adjustable by the user by adjusting the air pressure. Also the comb stays stationary while the stock recoils, thus reducing the bite on the face.

Great system! I wouldn't shoot without one.

Only the PFS offers more, but it is also heavier and more expensive. PFS has the advantage of not having to cut the stock, but it does not work on as many guns.

4. JES

JES Member

I have it on both my guns. A friend tried a number of recoil systems - Soft touch, Gra-coil, etc. and concluded the best for reducing the impact was hands down the G-square.

5. Old Dog

Old Dog TS Member

It's like most products in trapshooting, this guy likes it and the next guy doesn't. I haven't had much experience with the G squared. I shot a friend's gun with one installed. He liked it but it kicked me hard. Then I was watching a squad shoot where two of the members were using G squared recoil reducers. It was clear those two shooters were suffering more recoil than any of the other three. Yet, it seems to work for many shooters, like dickgtax and CannonCocker.

OD

6. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

what kind of gun are you putting it on?

7. comp 1

comp 1 Well-Known Member

I have a soft touch on a ks-5 special and a g square on a 390 beretta--although thre beretta is an automatic and kicks less to begin with I like the g-square the best and would buy another one--some people pump them up so much you don't get a lot of recoil reduction--try about 35-50 lbs and you'll like it.

8. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Don't overlook Ken Ruckers Bump-Buster. It works as good as a G2 and has LOP adjustability without shims. His new model has a comb option as well. I've owned a G2 system and it works very well, but my $$$ is going to be spent with Ken this time!

ec90t

9. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

G-squared the best??

If you want a recoil reducer there are many options of which the G squared is but one.

If you want recoil elimination then get a PFS.

PFS is the best period, especially for setting up guns for kids. changes are easy to make and the kids go thru so many changes in the next 5 years beyond the ages you are talking about that the PFS is a no-brainer as far as I'm concerned.

10. mt

mt Member

Recently i believe one of our US medalists in Trap had one installed on her custom stock.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.