1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

is the best pizza in the crust or in the toppings?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by quartering, Dec 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quartering

quartering Active Member

i say the toppings

THIS TOPIC BELONGS IN THE 'OFF TPOIC" SECTION - MODERATOR

2. GW22

GW22 Active Member

I once traded a Winchester M37 for 1500 pizzas.

-Gary

3. kenf

kenf Active Member

Not to hijack a thread, but I would interested to read some homemade pizza recipes.

4. kgp912kgp

kgp912kgp Active Member

My wife has a bread machine CuisineArt I think. She makes a nice pie that will make you forget the take out stuff. I like the thin crust. If I want bread I will go and eat some bread.

5. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

REal thin crust, best buffalo mozzarella, best toppings, very importan (top quality extra vigine olive oil) & the best is a 1000 degree coal fired oven---1 min---perfection--Its available @ Bella Mia in Cary,NC

Phil Berkowitz---I'm from Brooklyn & this is the best pizza I've ever had including Tortono's in Coney Island.

6. JRW

JRW Member

Kgp912 I agree with thin crust, so for me the crust is the pizza. Jerry

7. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

It's the crust toppings and sauce that makes the best pizzas

Hope i cleared that up for you

But the best pizza I've ever eaten was at the Ramada Inn at the Midland Texas Air Port, damn it was fantastic

Midland is such a hopping little town, we stayed there one Saturday night, and was going to go to the bar in the motel, it closed at 7 pm and they told us if we wanted to get any food the restaurant closed at 8 pm, so we ordered a pizza, and partied in the room

8. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

If the topping is lousy, the crust can't save it. It's a combination of the two, with a thin crust. The thick crust was invented to reduce the topping cost by making the border bigger. ;-)

While we're talking about crusts, has anyone else seen the folks at Pizza the Hut get out a stack of thin crusts and then an aerosol can of something and then "paint" the outer edge of the crust? What's up with that?

9. revbook

revbook Member

Sauce, easy on the oregano and thick crust.
    Don

10. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

"brilliant? no. idiotic? yes"

11. Shooter R

Shooter R Active Member

I'm getting hungry! My vote: Thin Crust and good sauce, and not too much toppings. I don't care the the thick, smothered, somewhat undercooked variety.

12. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Gotta have both to make a good pie but it is the toppings that you really taste. The crust is more of a texture thing unless it is like cardboard then the whole deal is FUBAR.

13. psfive

psfive Member

Homemade thin crisp crust with minimal toppings and lots of cheese. Paul in Nebraska.

14. guinner16

guinner16 TS Member

delorenzo's in new jersey. They dont serve pizza. They serve Tomato pie. Yummmm.

15. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I think it is the combination of sauce, crust, toppings and who makes it. After trying a deep dish pizza in Chicago at "Pizzeria Uno" I thought I was a thin crust fan until I had a deep dish at "Lou Malnati's". After that I was confirmed deep dish fan until the trip to NYC when I had a pizza at "Lombardi's". Good pizza is good pizza. It's the combination. When it all comes together crust, toppings, sauce it is to die for.

Worst pizza I ever had was in Gatlingburgh, TN 35 to 40 years ago, It was the only pizza place in town and the locals thought it was great. To me I couldn't tell if it was a pizza or a burnt clutch out of a car from the local drag strip. Guess they didn't know any better.

Pizza is everywhere now, heck we even have a few good ones in Btown.

16. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

I feel Pizza is a total taste experience. My fav is plain cheese chased with cold beer.

17. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    You can't have the best pizza if any part of it is sub-par.

I like almost all traditional pizzas.

Don't care for the foo foo fad pizzas. Spinach belongs in a salad, not on a pizza.

About the only off beat pizza I like is putting smoked oysters on a cheese pizza.

18. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

It all about the crust....even with the BEST toppings a soggy bad crust tastes...well...like a pizza with a soggy bad crust

19. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    If you like smoked oysters (or mussels or clams) you'll like them on cheese pizza.

If you don't like them, then yeah, bleah.

20. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Depends how cold the beer is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.