1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Is St Louis the closest hotel to the Grand ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hammer1, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

Are the closest available hotels to the Grand in or near St Louis ?

2. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

H1, there is a lot of good information at the link above and if you need more help just call Sarah; her number is in the PDF and she's there to help.

Neil

3. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Simple answer, no.

Available this late date, possibly.

4. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Hotels.com check St. Louis. There is most likely thousands.

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Why would you want to book a Hotel so early? I mean the Grand doesn't even start for two more weeks.

6. UpNorthMN

UpNorthMN Active Member

Try Orbitz, search on O'Fallon IL.

7. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

"Why would you want to book a Hotel so early? I mean the Grand doesn't even start for two more weeks. "

It is still too early for me. My work travel is continuous (52 weeks per year for the past 35 years) and I rarely know where I am going to be five days in advance. It could be here in the U.S. but it could be in Europe, Asia, etc.

I won't know for sure that I will be able to make it to the Grand until the night I fly there and I won't know how long I will be able to stay -- just a day by day basis.

But I really want to go. I went to the Spring Grand in Tucson this year for a couple of days and likewise to the Southern Grand at the Silver Dollar. Both were great experiences. Am expecting the Grand American to be the same or better.

Hope to make it there and see some of y'all.

Might need to borrow a gun again. The highest score I have ever shot anywhere was with a single-shot Perazzi that Doug Gray loaned me in Tucson for an event. He pulled a left-handed stock off of another gun, bolted it on a TM9, fitted me, and inside of five minutes I was on the line shooting it. 25 - 24 - 25 - but ?? on the last post. My highest total score ever.

8. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

Having a work schedule like that does make it hard to find lodging at an event as big as the Grand. I stayed in Chester, Il at bed and breakfast for a reasonable price.

9. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

Warning: Do NOT get a motel in Bellville.

10. teddy34

teddy34 TS Member

Book the motel, you can always cancel if work interferes.

11. grntitan

Hammer,

I was jokin with you. A little early morning sarcasm.

As some said, this late in the game you are very limited. Anything you would find still available close by, I would be very afraid of. Check the O'Fallon, IL and Fairview Heights, IL area. They are not quite as far as St. Louis but should have some available rooms with many Hotels to choose from. That area also has an abundance of good restaurants and shopping if needed. They are roughly 40-45 minutes from the WSRC/World Shooting & Recreational Complex where the Grand is held. Both O'Fallon and Fairview Heights are located off I-64. To get to the WSRC from there, just travel East on I-64 to exit 23 and go South on Route 4 to County Road 18 which is just North of Sparta. Turn right on County Road 18 heading West to the WSRC entrance.

12. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

I've checked. There's a Hilton Garden Inn in O'Fallon.

13. UpNorthMN

UpNorthMN Active Member

I booked a room at the Hilton Garden Inn through Orbitz yesterday for $82 a night. Drive is not bad.

14. Trap MD

Trap MD TS Member

The Fairgrounds Inn at DuQuoin, IL might have some thing available.

15. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

k-river motel and campground at shooting complex

about ten minutes from the WSRC.. he said he has a couple of rooms left and some full service rv spots too.

618-785-2564

16. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member

Go for K-River....

17. davetrack

davetrack TS Member

This is a great place to stay.. Down town St Louis

https://www.lumiereplace.com/st-louis-hotels/four-seasons-hotel-st-louis/

18. frostyman

frostyman Well-Known Member

If you really don't know when or how long, there are a lot of hotels in southern St. Louis that are about 45 to 55 minutes from the shoot. There will always be some of them that have rooms. There are a bunch of hotels in the Fenton MO area and just of the I270/I44 intersection in St. Louis MO.

Also if you really don't care what the motel looks like, last year the Sparta Motel had vacancy almost the entire time. It's not pretty.

19. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

Frosty.........that last line about the Sparta Motel was a hoot.I bet they have openings year round.What a shithole..............

D.P.Reynolds

20. grntitan

The Sparta Motel is actually quite nice compared to the Budget Inn in Sparta. That place is flat scary. It should be condemed in my opinion.

Budget Inn, Sparta, IL
    <iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iCe1HVetVKw?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>