1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Is SHOT on it's Way down

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by maclellan1911, Feb 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I dont know if its coming down? When I was getting shot locally last spring summer I was paying 24.50 a bag. late summer supplier said no more shot after this runs out. I will order some for you if you need it, but it gets here when it gets here my cost+ 10%. then that turned into no more shot period. no one stocked up on shot anywhere near me. only places that have it Cabelas, bass pro at 62.99 last priced few weeks before superbowl. So Im sure there are a lot of places sitting on these high priced stock. Our suppier threw our club is selling it at cost + 2% with a club order of 1500 or more of other supplies at 37.50 a bag

2. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I just paid $46.50 per bag for 8.5's.

3. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

What made Dr. Longshot an expert in commodities trading? The people inside the market don't even know what to expect it to do next week!

Morgan

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

I can with absolute certainty report that the price of lead will come down, and go up. When these events will take place is another question.

Pat Ireland

5. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

The commodity price had fallen to less than $1.00/lb in interday trading before the end of 2007. It is now back up to about $1.40/lb. The high was around $1.68/lb.

6. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Lead closed today at $1.42 a pound. $1.42 x 25 = $35.50 a bag for just the lead. HMB

7. ATF Agent

ATF Agent TS Member

I agree Sportshot. Why just the other day I caught George personally manipulating the price of #8 shot at Gander Mountain. Why, everyone knows U.S. Presidents not only control the price of oil, but the cost of tomatoes too.

Dirty no good politicians.

8. letts

letts TS Member

I sent out a purchase order today for about $5000.00 worth of radiation lead sheilding that we will install on the walls of two new X-ray rooms. The supplier will only quote prices that are good for 10 days. They do not think that the price of lead will ever come down. At the present prices are fluctuating up and down, But don't look for any large reductions.

Letts

9. Inspector 12

Inspector 12 TS Member

Shot price is still climbing here in Washington, last week it was $39.97 a bag, today it was $44.97. Wish it would drop, but the sales staff at the local store advise they were recently notified to expect two price increases in the next month or so. Doesn't look good...

10. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

The price of little lead pellets is just the tiniest tip of the rapidly-melting iceberg that the US economy is sitting on top of. The US dollar is rapidly reaching the end of its life as the world's exchange currency mainly because decades of short-sighted, self-destructive economic decisions and policies (eg, energy source over-dependence, union-controlled production and pricing) have stripped us of control over our own economic future.

China could crush our economy in a heartbeat by simply diversifying it's forex (foreign exchange) investments into non-dollar based vehicles.

The global community is rapidly moving away from the dollar as the International Currency of Trade.

The price of lead is really the least of our worries at present.

Morgan

11. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

My shot supplier told me not to buy shot until after March 1st as shot is not selling and shot is sitting in warehouses, he is only ordering shot that is sold. Warehouse told him shot is coming down, one reason was the elimination of lead based paint. Another reason is lead mines in Mexico are coming back on-line after problems at mine for safety and wages. I am currently buying shot a bag at time for $36.00 Magnum Shot Lawrence. Gander Mountain and Cabellas are sitting on their $49.99 & $50.00+ shot. It is not selling.

I do not claim to be a commoditees trader, but I listen to my supplier and he gives me good information, so I will wait and see if it comes down.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

12. mike moncilovich

mike moncilovich TS Member

Pat said it best, when the wall street racketeers panic, they put their money in gold, silver, and other minerals like lead. Because they see the dollar is in the tank and minerals are universal currency...Mike

13. berettaman7

berettaman7 TS Member

Time has come to mine shot, there must be millions of pounds all over, why buy new all the time?

Berettaman7

14. WTW

WTW Member

I just purchased shot at $35.95 which is two dollars less than in December 2007.
    This was mag. shot, the reg. was one dollar less. Supplier was Geiser Guns 170 Lenker Ave Sunbury, Pa 17801 Phone #570-286-2611

Ted

15. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Todays lead price is $1.48 a pound. $1.48 x 25 = $37.00. HMB

16. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

I've probably been lucky but I have not yet paid more than $35.95 for mag shot from my reloading supplier.

Morgan

17. berettaman7

berettaman7 TS Member

I have reduced the number of pratice rounds and am not buying lead and will wait until I almost have run out of my reserves to buy again.

Berettaman7

18. WTW

WTW Member

19. trappermike

trappermike Well-Known Member

Shot will come down. If you don't believe it, stand in the middle of the field, shoot straight up and wait for a minute or so. The shot will come down, guaranteed.

TeeHee

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.