1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

is shot going higher soon?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Doug Briggs, Oct 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doug Briggs

Doug Briggs TS Member

Just got back from my component supplier. He told me shot prices should go up by 20% ($6.00) a bag real soon. Does he know what he is talking about?

Just bought my first bag of Claybuster Figure 8 clones. Anyone have experience with them?

Doug Briggs

2. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Doug Briggs

Usually, if your supplier is making that statement, he would likely be right. I've noticed an increase over the past few months and can't see any reason why it couldn't go higher. The wholesale and spot lead prices have risen and are hovering around $1/lb.

Nothing wrong with the Claybuster clones. I usually prefer the Original Remingtons or the Downrange clones. I think the plastic is a little better quality than the Claybusters. I've seen very little difference between the three wads I mentioned while patterning them. Some people have experienced some plastic fouling, but I haven't noticed anything more or less than other wads. I've only had noticable plastic fouling issues with two wads. The Claybuster CB8118-12 or CB8100-12 aren't included in that pair.

3. Longhorn

Longhorn Member

Shoot the Claybusters then clean your gun of the residue plastic. Then buy the DownRange wads. You'll see a marked difference in residue left in your barrel as there will be none. The DR plastics also load extremely smootly in all hulls.

4. Longhorn

Longhorn Member

Shoot the Claybusters then clean your gun of the residue plastic. Then buy the DownRange wads. You'll see a marked difference in residue left in your barrel as there will be none. The DR plastics also load extremely smootly in all hulls.

5. Longhorn

Longhorn Member

6. yvonne

yvonne Banned User Banned

Just had shot delivered to our club in Massachusetts. We payed $23.50 for 25 lbs. of West Coast Premium.

7. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

lead speculation again. It will run its coarse much sooner this time. With all the layoffs going on between now and Christmas this is going to bite mighty hard. After the first of the year it will be worse yet. I wouldn't buy any if you can wait.

8. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I have some claybuisters that I may birn, they are junk

9. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Gamaliel, Maybe the biggest supplier on the East coast here in now selling shot for 32 dollars a bag. It was 25 dollars a bag a few months ago and has been slowly going up. Nobody knows for sure how high or when (if) it will come down again. Your guess is as good as mine. Break-em all. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.