1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Shooting Down At Your Club??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by CNY, Nov 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CNY

CNY TS Member

With the economy in the sad state that it is, are you shooting as much as you did before? Is the level of shooting down at your club as well? Just curious whats happening across the shooting world. Thanks.

2. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

This question would be more appropriate to ask in a diiferent manner:

1) Is registered shooting attendence down? (when the active season is in full bloom)

2) Are the winter (off-season) league attendence down or up?

3) Weekly practice day...up or down?

4) meat/turkey shoot attendence up or down?

In the case of my area, Delaware, it appears that the leagues are down. Registered is shut off until March. Information is that the 2 local leagues that I'm aware of are down. But the Saturday practice at my local club is up especially with the Univ. of Delaware shooting team using the grounds.

Curt

3. CNY

CNY TS Member

Curt: Thanks for the clarification. It would also help if those who post indicate what part of the country/world they are posting about. Thanks

4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

What part of the world are you from CNY? HMB

5. CNY

CNY TS Member

I'm in upstate NY and things seem to be holding fairly steady from what I see.

6. michshooter

michshooter TS Member

Shooting is down across the board at our club in south east Michign. Attendance at registered shoots is down about 20% and regular prctice shooting is down about the same. Our winter leagues are just forming, so I don't have any numbers for them, but I expect the same level of decline. Attendance at our monthly fish fry and mini trap shoot, 25 at 16 and 25 at 22 is off about 35% so far this fall.

....Paul

7. Lead Man

Lead Man TS Member

I'm not sure about shotgun sports, but tactical shooting is showing an interest again. Bill,9/11 and now Obama have been good for the tactical sport.

Whatever these clubs do I hope they don't let lead lay out in the field while having financial difficulties. We are on the advertising banner rotation above give us a call. If not us give some reclaimer a call. Lead is down right now, but something is better than nothing if your struggling.

Let's hope for a little relief on shooting components soon.

Tony

8. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

One of our local clubs hosted a toys 4 tots shoot recently and the attendance was up from 2007.

FRedmon

9. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Busier than ever in S. Florida. Expect it to get even busier as the snowbirds come down for the winter. The Florida Fall Championships 3 day shoot held in Miami ended yesterday with an average of 18 squads per day per event.

Eric

10. ESMDHokie

ESMDHokie TS Member

on the Virginia Tech Clay Target Team and have shot more this school year than ever before with a new gun and shooting more skeet.

Phil

11. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Since the great increase in shot prices back a year and a half ago, trapshooting at our northeast Ohio club off at least 50%. Also, the $4.00 gas prices, increase prices of new shells & target prices have added to the decline. We still are able to charge $3.00 for a round of trap which is the good news. Another thing has hurt our club are the deaths (old age) of our shooters. Don't see the youth shooting trap or if they do, they dropout quickly. Many of our shooters are babyboomers and their parents. If anyone finds the "Fountain of Youth" let us know. Darrell

12. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

"If anyone finds the "Fountain of Youth" let us know."

I know exactly where it is. It is in our willingness to invite our friends, neigbors and co-workers to go shooting with us. There are 100s of thousands shooters sitting at home, walking the golf course, out on the lake, etc that have hardly, if ever, shot a gun.

Find them.

13. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

maybe up a little, but we don't do registered. Iowa

14. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

For a small 2 trap club in NJ , Mallard Trap Club , we more than doubled the 2007 gross income from 2006 !! As of Nov , we seem to be passing that income by a few hundred dollars for this year . So NO , there isn`t any loss in revenue , Thank God . We`re only opened 2 days a week all year long . We took in 9 new members since Dec of last year also to bring us to 38 with 10 non-shootering members or out of state and because we are a hands-on/everybody works club , that is a great benefit for us . Hope I can make the same comment next year !!!! Only ATA registered shooting we do is the Big 50 on Wednesdays April and May so most shooters are fun shooters or those practicing for competition shoots .

15. perga1

perga1 Active Member

Just an observation but it seems that our Silver Hair league has about the same participation as last year. Recreational shooting seems to be up lately and that's 5 stand, skeet and trap. Registered trap, other that the major shoots that don't start for another 2 months, appears to be down. Central Florida JRM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

trapteam goozer