1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Romney a 'hunter'?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Porcupine, Apr 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

I'm posting this only because I live in Massachusetts, God help me. Romney didn't do squat for the gun-owners in Massachusetts. On the other hand, he was nowhere as bad for gun-owners as our current governor (Deval Patrick) threatens to be. Our politics is dominated by the liberal elite in the eastern 25% of the state. Believe me when I say the rest of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts is largely populated by down-to-earth people.

Porcupine

2. John A. Davis

John A. Davis TS Member

Can't go wrong with Fred Thompson.

3. Beancounter

Beancounter TS Member

Massachusetts is another place that totally amazes me. Every 6 years, Kennedy is re-elected BY A HUGE MARGIN, yet folks like Porcupine insist they never voted for him. It is either you don't bother to vote or you forgot who you voted for, or perhaps the state is completely full of liberals.

4. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

HaveGunWillTravel have you ever been to Massachusetts? Porcupine gave a very accurate description of MA. "Our politics is dominated by the liberal elite in the eastern 25% of the state." The above website should explain it to you fully and if it doesn't you no nothing about liberals.

Bob Lawless

PS Those are Area codes as in telephone.

5. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

That wonderful state has not only continually re-elected Teddy, but a few other freeloaders from his family. Ask yourself what have these deadbeats done for the average citizen of you state. Oh they do collect their pay if nothing else or may I add a few expenses as well. - Jim

6. Beancounter

Beancounter TS Member

I think if you look at voter turnout you will put away your phone book and agree. The yo yos are elected because lots of folks don't bother to vote. But they sure complain. This is true for the entire country - not just Mass. I have met lots of nice people and the facts are that about half of them just don't care enough to vote. On a big presidential election - wow - 1 out of three cannot be bothered to vote. Off year, we are talking about one out of two or even less. So don't tell me about wonderful folks - a large number are lazy and apathetic.

7. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

I am also from Mass. I hate to admit it. But I do have a 2 year plan of escape to New Hampshire..... better than Mass. but I fear that since the Dems have taken hold in NH that in a few years, it'll be as bad as Mass.
    Gun owners and Sportsman in Mass are greatly outnumbered and there is virtually no hope. There is not a single Republican US Senator or Congressman in this sorry State! The Congressman have been in power sooo long that is all but impossible to vote them out. Each district is anchored in a large city, Boston, Worcester, Springfield, Fall River etc. All filled with minorities, illegals/legal layabouts that feast on the programs that the Gov't provides, hard to vote them out of office, Our current Governor wants to welcome illegal CRIMALIENS into the state. The only reason that we have had a Republican Governor for 16 years was because the Dems continually sent up a candidate so far to the left that even dyed in the wool lefties had a hard time voting for them, instead they elected RINOs, a la Romney....The guy has been no real friend of Gun Owners in MAss, nor has he been a real enemy either....
    Porkupine is right, their are plenty of PO'd down to earth folks in Mass. They just never get heard from and certainly get drowned out by the Liberal Rags Boston Globe, Boston Herald etc.
    So "Have Gun"....are you saying that Porkupine and I voted for "Teddy Fat Boy" just because he was elected by a "large margin" Get real and remove your head from you know where...Last time I looked Congress flipped over to the Dems...
    For as bad a picture everyone paints of MAss, I know that I can go out on Saturday/Sunday and pick any one of over 15 Sportman's clubs located with 15 miles of here (Lowell area)to shoot some Trap.
    I have to give a plug to the Mass Gun Owners Action League,(www.goal.org) without whose help to defeat some pretty pitiful "anti" legislation, all would REALLY be lost in Mass.- Frank C.

8. Beancounter

Beancounter TS Member

Frank C - I am saying the odds that you voted are only 50/50. So I didn't say you and porky voted for Teddy, I am saying you didn't bother to vote and there is a 50/50 chance I am right. Pretty darn sad. I also said this is true all over the country. But this is why you get what you got.

9. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Have gun.....you just confirmed what I always thought....about you.

10. ivanhoe

HG can you please explain to me how voters(the majority of whom are ignorant of politics at best)find any incentive to vote when running the country seems secondary. The headlines and news all talk about the Dem's against the Republicans not the issues that matter. If you read the threads on this site everyone(Yours truly included)blame the liberal Dem's for everything that doesn't go their way and vice versa.

In a State where 75% of voter turn out(no matter what percentage of the voters turn out)vote for Fat Teddy and Traitor John Kerry how would you expect to vote them out of office. I asked you once if you have ever been to Massachusetts you didn't answer it is now obvious that you don't need to you have grasp of what goes on in this state.

Bob Lawless

11. Beancounter

Beancounter TS Member

ivanhoe
    My brother and sister-in-law live just a bit north of the Conn line in Mass. I have a son living in Albany NY. I have visited your state many times. Have been to Boston, the Cape, Marthas Vineyard, and even that little town on the cape where all the girls like other girls. My old hunting partner lived just north of Boston, we used to go up to Maine and chase Bambi around.

So Yes, I have been to your state, I know people who live there, and know people who live just outside of your state (my son in Albany).

My point remains the same, until people actually get out and excersize their Constitutional Right to vote, we are stuck with the SOS. Not just a Mass State problem. A very universal problem in the US. Don't use excuses like "how voters(the majority of whom are ignorant of politics at best)find any incentive to vote when running the country seems secondary".

If you really care you will take the slight detour on election day and get to the polls and VOTE. NO EXCUSES.

12. larryjk

larryjk Member

Romney is a hunter like Kerry and Clinton. Would he lie?

13. ivanhoe

maclellan1911 I think it is beyond the grasp of some who post here that the Republicans are out numbered they are stuck on people don't vote. The last time Fat Boy Teddy ran for reelection I believe he was unopposed.

Bob Lawless

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.