1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Progressive MultiScale Bar OK On Single Stage?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by CA Turkey Huntsman, Jul 1, 2013.

1. CA Turkey Huntsman

CA Turkey Huntsman TS Member

I'm currently using a single-stage MEC press but will someday upgrade to a progressive. I now want to buy an adjustible charge bar - with my future press upgrade in mind. The MultiScale universal (adjustible) charge bars come in two varieties - one for "single-stage" MECs and one for the "progressives." I believe the progressive model has an extra couple of threaded holes on one end to attach the actuating bracket...but still has the hole in front center to be used with a single-stage press.

I'd like to buy the progressive model now, PROVIDED it will work with my single-stage press. I'm guessing it will.

Can anybody please confirm this for me? I tried calling MultiScale in Canada and can't get an answer. I think it's a small, part-time business.

Thanks,
    -Dennis

2. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

No. The bar will not fit on both machines. The powder and shot drops for the single stage and the progressive are on the opposite sides.

Ajax

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

No because the shot and powder bottles are on opposite sides on the Progressive 9000 MEC's

4. CA Turkey Huntsman

CA Turkey Huntsman TS Member

AHA! OK, it now makes more sense why they have two different models!

Thank you very much for the reply.

-Dennis

5. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

You're getting slow Matt. :)

Ajax

6. 687_SP_II

687_SP_II TS Member

Besides the shot and powder drops being on opposite sides, I think the drops are on a different spacing.

7. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

The bottles are closer together on the single stage.