1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Is piston on Beretta Urika 1 interchangeable?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 20yard, Apr 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 20yard

20yard TS Member

I have a Urika 1 AL391 with 4 flange segments on the base of the piston. Two of these broke off after a shoot and replacement parts online only have 3 segments. Will this part be compatible with the Urika and where can it be found?

Thanks

2. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

If its a 12 gauge no problem--I have a used one if you need it--$30.+ shipping

Phil Berkowitz---PM me

3. bevolt

bevolt Member

I heard that beretta redesigned the piston from 4 feet to 3 feet because of the 4 footed ones were breaking too frequently. I think the 3 footed one will be compatible.

Before you replace the piston, you might want to check out operation of other parts carefully or have a gunsmith check it. For example, a frozen fore end cap might cause the operating rod to force the feet of the piston against the bottom of the cylinder with too much pressure when the action closes. There are several other potential causes related to abnormal operation of the action or the overpressure valve.

My 391 recently broke a couple 4 footed pistons. I could find nothing wrong with the operation of other parts, so I replaced the piston with an aftermarket piston from ballistic specialties that has a solid skirt around the base instead of feet. It is working fine, so far. I ordered the ballistic specialties piston from Brownells.

4. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

The Urika 1 and 2 are interchangable I just went through this with the second generation piston breaking and put in a first generation I've kept as a spsre and everything cycles fine. A spare piston is a must if shooting Berettas. I own a few Beretta autos and these guns are fantastic. Not my main trap guns but skeet, 5-stand and sporting tools.

5. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

My 391 has the same piston with 4 feet after 8 years and 100,000 shells. I have
    a spare that I have had for 8 years and probably will have another 8 years.
    The original is on the left, the unused spare is on the right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.