1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Is pays to phone around

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by amboy49, Feb 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amboy49

amboy49 Well-Known Member

I don't know if this qualifies as shooting related but fits here as well as anywhere.

I have a "want" for a new gun so I thought I would try the Caesar Guerini Maxum Impact primarily for sporting clays but heard it may very well be an all purpose gun. Based on comments on this site and doing a little web surfing I found the following prices quoted for new guns :

Dealer A priced the gun at $7,250 plus $150 for the stock balancer plus shipping

Dealer B priced the gun at $6500 plus $150 for the stock balancer plus shipping

Dealer C priced the gun at $6,400 including the balancer plus shipping

Dealer D - left voice mail has not called me back

Dealer E - priced the gun at $6,800 plus $150 for the balancer. No shipping but would have to pay 7% sales tax due to "in state" purchase.

Dealer F - has a used (as new ) gun priced at $6,550 on his website. Have left three voice mail messages on his business phone number - no response.

I was amazed that their can be so much difference in prices quoted. It pays to phone around !

2. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

I to have called around about things that I wanted to buy. Its worth calling around because it will save you money.

3. SPACE GUN

SPACE GUN Member

may I ask who is dealer C

4. amboy49

amboy49 Well-Known Member

I sent a P.M.

5. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

I hope you tried Doug Gray , Texas
    He happens to be in Tucson,Spring Grand.

Joe Woods/Ontario

6. Ray Collins

Ray Collins Active Member

Please PM me with the the identity of all of them. It is just as important to eliminate the dead wood...

Thanks,,

Doc

7. ron (vt)

ron (vt) Member

Yes, please pm with the names also. Thanks much. Ron

8. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

All names should be made public...if they are honest, have nothing to hide and have scruples, they should welcome the publicity.

Curt

9. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Giving out the names sounds reasonable to an extent, but in doing so do you think it will get rid of competition in prices?

10. t901

t901 Member

I'll just like to know who dealer c is
    Thanks Todd

11. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Just cut through all the chase and go to Target shotguns. Bob Shultz is as stand up dealer as there is. Always remember that sometimes cheaper is not always better.

12. dudleyone

dudleyone TS Member

"All names should be made public...if they are honest, have nothing to hide and have scruples, they should welcome the publicity."

Curt, with all due respect, what does giving a price quote over the phone have to do with honesty or scruples, or anything else? A business may have a number of reasons for giving a particular price on an item, which can change from day to day. It will have no bearing on honesty. You could call all these businesses next week and expect to receive a different price from some of them. Since a phone call for a quote inplies the person is shopping, the business is going to quote the price they can live with on that particular transaction on that day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.