1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Palin becoming a RINO????

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by GunDr, Jan 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Red Flag Number Two:

Also in the wake of the Massachusetts special election, the nation’s most popular conservative political figure, Sarah Palin, announced she would be campaigning for her former running mate in Arizona in March. Palin told Facebook followers that she’s going to “ride the tide with commonsense candidates” and help “heroes and statesmen” like McCain. Facing mounting conservative opposition in his home state and polls showing him virtually tied with possible GOP challenger and former Rep. J.D. Hayworth, McCain welcomed the boost: “Sarah energized our nation and remains a leading voice in the Republican Party.”

You can read Michelle Malkins full column here....

http://michellemalkin.com/2010/01/22/conservatives-beware-of-mccain-regression-syndrome/#comments

Loyalty?? McCain used her and then kicked her to the curb. Is she really that dumb not to see this.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eKgPY1adc0A&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eKgPY1adc0A&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Looks like dumb got her pretty far to date.

Her record on corruption keeps her ok in my book.

HM

3. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

A moderate Republican is not a Rino. Scott Brown is a moderate Republican and he saved our @$$ on the forced health care bill. A moderate Republican is a far better choice in my opinion than a liberal Democrat. YMMV.

4. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

We have 3 more years of obama, so between now and 3 years anything can happen as far as the best republican candidate to run for president. There are many eyes trained on Scott Brown as of now, and it would not surprise me if he becomes a candidate.

5. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

She is truly a moderate republican. She won't look the other way when there's
    corruption. Just ask the dems up in Alaska. She broke up the good old boys club and sold their jet on e-bay. I'm still laughing about that one. I'd still vote for her based on her moral compass and ethics. Don't have much use for McSame, unless he wants to build the fence he needs to blend into the background.

6. EE

EE Banned User Banned

Hoosier Daddy said it right, "A moderate Republican is a far better choice in my opinion than a liberal Democrat."

Also, McCain put Sarah on the map. Her campaigning for him is quid pro quo, at a minimum.

WRT moderate Republicans, as long as they stay conservative on fiscal issues, it's ok. Everything runs downhill from funding.

EE

7. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

She is coming to Eugene in a few months to speak to Lane county Oregon republicans. It will be limited to 750 people but I am thinking about going if it is within my budget.Jeff

8. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Gentlemen:

Hoosier Daddy is spot on. Moderate republicans are not RINOs.

RINOs are dems from districts with voter bases that lean moderate and conservative. RINOs run as republicans only because they are unlikely to be successful as dems.

We can debate whether moderate republicans are something to be wary of. What is no longer subject to debate is the true nature of blue dog democrats.

The blue dog coalition consists of roughly 55 House democrats described as having conservative to moderate values. The past 12 months has proven THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A MODERATE OR CONSERVATIVE DEMOCRAT. Blue dogs have supported every liberal initiative pushed by Obambi and Pelosi.

Some might say the blue dogs flopped on their backs faster than a five dollar hooker - but I won't. The mods might object. I'll just say we now know that far from moderate or conservative, blue dogs are just 55 liberal votes Obambi and Pelosi can count on. Ts.commers living in their districts will have the chance to do something about them this year. Please don't miss your chance.

sissy

9. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

McCain is NOT a moderate republican. He is a full blown RINO and if Palin campaigns for him she will have blown any loyalty the tea partyers have for her. She owes no debt of loyalty to McCain. He brought her on board for what SHE could do for HIM, and then threw her under the bus when his own leftist policies cost him his once in a lifetime shot at being president. As the author of the McCain/Feingold act he has proven that he is the enemy of liberty.

10. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

I think she is more of a cougar!!

tony

11. kehrby

kehrby Active Member

Yukonjack, very few Alaskans have your attitude. I have a relative who is a VERY prominent Alaskan who you WOULD know. Not a politician. He is a close friend of the Palins and thinks the world of them. I have heard many things about her but none of them can described as stupid!!! He would defend her to the very end no matter!

Steve

12. smoked

smoked TS Member

She is by no means Stupid...she is an absolute unapologetic opportunist. Who has right wing republicans so sucked in right now because they have no other alternative. If you think Scott Brown is any more ready for the 3 am phone call than Sarah, Please put you head back in the sand.

13. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

smoked.......

Are you saying that Obama was ready for the call? Seems to me it worked once already on the people of this country. Jeff

14. smoked

smoked TS Member

I don't think he has really been tested yet,But unfortunately I think he will be at some point. I comes down to judgement and courage, not whether you think he a is a left wing A%%hole. As I recall when things got hot in Alaska Sara bailed.

15. shootman

shootman TS Member

Lets see? Jan.1 2009, EIGHT!! years of republican rule,our country is in the toilet and were spending ten billion a month in iraq, we have no jobs,economy is shot,utilities are out the roof ,you cant afford gas in your car[if you have a job to afford one],Medical expenses and insurance are totally unaffordable, ETC. ETC. ETC. Jan. 1 2010 you all want to hang Obama the democrat because its the democrats fault. I must have missed a couple of chapters in this book. All i see is the rich keep getting richer and the poor keep getting poorer and the middle class [you know,the ones that pay most of the taxes] are being phased out.The only thing i can see that Busch and Cheney did was made iraq a[richer]country and made thereselves a lot richer doing it. And you actually want Sarah Palin to run this country? BOB

16. smoked

smoked TS Member

Oh Shootman...your going to be on Glenn Becks shit list...How dare you state such obvious facts on this forum.

If some on here would start getting their facts from sources other FOX Negative,it will be better for everyone.

I dare people to read the Associated Press, Reuters, BBC,CBC, The Economist, and broaden there scope of what is really going on here and around the world. Not the politically charged U.S. Media that profits from the totally spoon fed crap the American people are fed. It is really a dam shame how intentionally misinformed people are. It is up to you to get the real facts.

17. crusha

crusha TS Member

^^^ Typical labor union liberal crapsters sucking their thumb about the past week. ^^^

But anyhow...Gun Dr., your statement that McCain kicked Palin to the curb is flat-out bullshit. The American Public kicked them both to the curb in the election, then she kicked HERSELF even further to the curb when she quit in Alaska.

McCain is the only reason anybody knows who Sarah Palin is. She's just repaying a debt to him. That stuff happens all-the-time in politics or any other endeavor.

Politics is a game of inches - as we have just seen. Although the McCain/Palin Presidential bid was ultimately a losing effort, there were also Congressional and Senate elections going on concurrently with that. Palin's presence on the ticket got just enough conservative voters energized and to the polls to keep some vulnerable Republicans in a job, and ultimately, it ended up being just enough to deny Obama a much-coveted victory on Health Care.

For that, I'm gonna start giving her a pass.

18. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

shootman, "8 years of republican rule". Your memory sucks. The last 2 years were with Dem majority, and that's when the market started to tank. Also, If I remeber right there were only 2 no votes about going to Iraq. Your Lib Dems thought the war was needed too, and don't deny it.

The economy?......Name one thing this administration has done to create new, long term, jobs. Not 1 year stymulus jobs, real, lasting jobs. Please name one.

"shootman" hmmm.....never heard much of you to date, sure your handle isn't "lib man".

19. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

If shes a RINO...does that make Hillary a HIPPO?

20. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

This isn't kicking her to the curb?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/v0kBEg1c1Xs&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/v0kBEg1c1Xs&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Or this?...

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2008/12/15/2008-12-15_mccain_refuses_to_endorse_palin_for_pres.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.